Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to pick up a used Mustang seat from a salvage yard in my area. It has the serial # and model # on the bottom and says it's for a Vulcan 750 and 700. It's in nice condition. A few very MINOR repairs to the leather and I can do this myself. But other than that it's fine. My question is this... My ride is a '99 VN750 and the seat, when it's as far forword as possible, seems to be about 1'' to short (from the sissy bar at rear). The seat is on a meatal pan, not like the plasic stock seat so it could possibly be bent to fit. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to modify so this would fit properly? I haven't really tride to do anything with/to it yet, just figured I would ask first before I rendered it totally useless. Has anyone had this kind of problem before? How did you reslove it?

Thanks
Jay

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
Sounds normal, my Mustang seat doesn't go all the way to the tank either. Ignore the gap and go for a ride. The stock seat was torture after 2 hours, the Mustang is comfortable all day.

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts
Strange. Mine fits fine.

·
50 Posts
I was able to pick up a used Mustang seat from a salvage yard in my area.​

How did you go about finding it? Did you call or see it when you were there? (I can't imagine them leaving it on)

Thx, and still looking :)
Tilak

·
Registered
950 Posts
Yeah that salvage must have not know what they had. Wish I could find one.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
they may not known it was dicontinued, and hard to come by. thats how i got my chrome radiator trim at a yard sale for $5.00 a few years ago. after i paid for it, i told the guy there selling on ebay for $50 and up. yea, he was pretty upset about it, but cool that i got a treasure.

·
Registered
950 Posts
man thats crazy. I really hate some of you guys right now. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
man thats crazy. I really hate some of you guys right now. ;)
Be patient, grasshopper; all things come to those who wait. Have you considered modifying your seat or having someone do it for you?

·
Registered
950 Posts
and to those who look. im just pissed cuz i recently found out the vulcan i originally wanted had a mustang seat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts