Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
That sounds about right, KM. I had a Mustang on my ride, it was SO much better than stock. Had 12+ hour rides, got off feeling fine. Stock was torture after 2 hours.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ouch

Nice seat, but the price...Guess they will be callin' me Admiral Iron Arse for quite a while. I'll be willing to bet it is worth the money though.

·
Premium Member
4,748 Posts
I paid $325 shipped from a member here IIRC.

·
Registered
244 Posts

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
That seat was really nice, and was marked 1-26-08... so it was about as new as you're going to get. Still, it sold for $350! :wow:
Someone on here I bet, because it was up for 2 days with no bids or buy it now, and once I posted it up here, it was gone in a couple of hours.

Well, I hope someone on this board gets to enjoy it.

BTW, it wasn't my listing.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yup, I was the one who bought the seat this morning before I saw it posted here. I saw one go on eBay last year for $486 plus shipping, so I didn't think $350 was too bad.
Before I bought it I contacted Mustang, and sent them the link just to confirm the info on the seat, and they said it was genuine. They do not know where the 1-26-08 date on the back came from. Mustang does not put that info on seats. They indicated it might have been the sale date so warranty could be properly enforced. Some of these sat in warehouses and at dealers for a long time.
Mustang also confirmed that they stopped making those seats in early 2005. Based on the code number on the back, Mustang told me this one was made around 2/15/2005, and was probably one of the last ones made.
I looked into a private party sale of one last year too, and the guy wanted $375 minimum.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Considering I paid $439 + tax for mine new, in '04, and some of the last ones were selling retail at ~$639 after production ended, I'd say $350 wasn't too bad for one in that good a condition.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Considering I paid $439 + tax for mine new, in '04, and some of the last ones were selling retail at ~$639 after production ended, I'd say $350 wasn't too bad for one in that good a condition.
That is what Mustang told me. They retailed for $439 new. Considering you can't get "new" anymore, if this is in as good shape as it looks, I think the price was reasonable. Plus, how much is your "arse" comfort worth? Over, and over, and over, again.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
That is what Mustang told me. They retailed for $439 new. Considering you can't get "new" anymore, if this is in as good shape as it looks, I think the price was reasonable. Plus, how much is your "arse" comfort worth? Over, and over, and over, again.
Flap1, I think you did good, I had the stock seat on my 03 & 06 VN750s and my arse was the very first thing to go, then on the other 06 I bought used, it had the Corbin seat, some better but not by a landslide... I traded for my 09 Sportster and rode a good bit with the stock seat and it was about equal to the Corbin on the VN750, then I bought the Mustang Wide Studded Tour Seat 76142 Harley Sportster Condition: New Sold by: GM-CYCLES for $379.34 thru Amazon.com...
Very much like the one you bought, and now everything else hurts before my arse ...lol... You will love it, take my word for it...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Flap1, I think you did good, I had the stock seat on my 03 & 06 VN750s and my arse was the very first thing to go, then on the other 06 I bought used, it had the Corbin seat, some better but not by a landslide... I traded for my 09 Sportster and rode a good bit with the stock seat and it was about equal to the Corbin on the VN750, then I bought the Mustang Wide Studded Tour Seat 76142 Harley Sportster Condition: New Sold by: GM-CYCLES for $379.34 thru Amazon.com...
Very much like the one you bought, and now everything else hurts before my arse ...lol... You will love it, take my word for it...
Thanks, Old Dog! I have been squirming about getting one of these for over a year now. Finally decided to pull the trigger. I have an ongoing pelvic injury that the stock seat just kills me after more than 50 miles per week! If this doesn't make riding comfortable for me, nothing will. But at least I will have tried everything I know how to. Got my fingers crossed. Thanks for the encouragement.
(A friend said if I could just pull my head out of my arse I wouldn't need a special seat! Hmmm. But I don't have a headache!)

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Give it a bit of break-in time for your butt, unless the PO had about the same butt...lol...

·
the doctor
50 Posts
Enjoy the ride - Judy was my agent cause I owe her a new dishwasher! Will check in to this forum from time to time got a trike so my wife will ride with me.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anybody know if the Mustang seat will work with the Kawasaki extended back rest? Or do I have to buy the shorty?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts