Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. since Mustang does not make a seat for us anymore(or do they special order), or does any other seat fit. I know some have modded the vn900 stock seat. ebay seems the only option there. Corbin still has us on the website. Every bike with a mustang seat I have been on feels terrific. How does the Corbin compare and which of the two gives a lower seat height

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Sadelman, Daylong, and Corbin still offer brand new seats.. to the best of my knowledge.. Mustang is only available through Craig's List and Flee Bay... some other options are to find a Local upholstery shop and take your stock seat in to get customized, or get yourself a second seat and take your hand at customizing your own seat (DIYMotorcycleSeat.com). then you have the option of modding another seat to fit.. or lastly go the rout I went and build your own seat. I like my option.. but it was harder than I originally anticipated, but turned out better than I thought possible.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I had Spencer redo the cushion in my 900 mod seat. Feels really good. He got rid of the forward push that the 900 seat has also. Other wise, Saddlemans makes a beautiful seat that seats really good.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Just my two cents...
corbin seat is very comfortable.
mustang seat is also very comfortable but it does lift you up a little higher because of the extra padding in them.

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
I'll say this again. Seats are very subjective. Only YOUR butt knows whats best for you. I loved my Corbin seat on my Vulcan. I love the Corbin seat I put on my FJR. Some people hate the Corbin seat. Ten years of being on the Vulcan forum has shown me that the folks that like the Corbin tend to be small of stature and with little uh, natural padding back there.

Folks that are let's just say heavier, with a bit more natural padding, tend to
like the Mustang seat. The Corbin seat is very firm with less "Cush" than the Mustang. You'd think the preference would be the other way around, but from
my observation over the years, not.

Not writ in stone of course, just what I've seen. If you have sat on Vulcan with a Mustang seat and really liked it, there you go.

Price wise, for you, I'd go for a Spencer redo of the stock seat and then go from there.

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
i put a saddelmen seat on and it has been 8,000 miles + and my a$$ loves it wallet didnt lol

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
looking at the saddleman website..which models fit our bike..or do they make them all to fit.which models have any of you out there added?? My biggest question is which seat gives you the lowest seat height

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
I am 6'2" and 350 pounds. I went with the Saddlemen's Classic Explorer. Love it...!

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
it was $410 i think if i remember correctely from saddelmen ( California to my door toledo ohio ) it wasnt cheap but my a$$ thanks me the last 8k miles

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts

·
2,504 Posts
Classic Explorer seat. $379.99 Model KN71

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
Copied from that page:

CLASSIC EXPLORER
700-750 VULCAN
$379.95
For 700-750 Vulcan
The Classic Explorer combines Saddlemen touring comfort with the nostalgic custom style of 1/2" chrome studs, conchos, a decorative skirt and removable leather fringe. Carefully developed contours provide the perfect attitude and body position for long hours in the saddle, so you can arrive at your destination refreshed and ready
· Deep, wide contoured buckets cradle both rider and passenger
· Made from Saddlemen's famous combination of progressive density foam and driver and passenger SaddleGelä for a smooth, comfortable ride
· Split-cushion design separates lumbar support and forward seat cushion so they compress independently, reducing tailbone and hipbone pressure
· SaddleGelä in front and rear increases comfort for both driver and passenger, easing tailbone pressure and improving circulation
· Made of premium grade marine vinyl, combining a great nostalgic look with modern UV and weather resistance
· Made in the U.S.A.

Add to Cart:

Model: KN71
Shipping Weight: 17lbs
Make: KAWASAKI

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i got the link and saw the page..just couldnt get to it from their site.. couldnt figure out the right navigation route,,,, is that the only set that fits??

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts