Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just removed the muffler from between the two pipes and replaced the gap with two straight pipes of equal diameter of the pipe coming off the cylinders. It sounds fantastic however hesitates. What do i need to do?? to the carbs/jets? Air intake??

Joey

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Since you have changed the dynamics of the exhaust, you will need to rejet the carbs. That much I do know. What size jets is for someone else to answer.

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
Since you have changed the dynamics of the exhaust, you will need to rejet the carbs. That much I do know. What size jets is for someone else to answer.
I don't believe he will need to rejet, adjust his idle mixture screws to about 2 1/2 turns out yes but not rejet unless I am missing something.

Peace :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Unless I am mistaken, which is a possibility, this is just about the same as degoating which requires a rejet AFAIK. In taking the mufflers out of the equation, you've taken away the back pressure the mufflers create. This changes the air fuel mix and not just at idle which the only thing the air mix screws adjust. It changes it at all RPMs, and therefore he may need to rejet.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
What you need to do is add a crossover pipe. The crossover pipe will allow the exhaust to "equalize. This is commonly refered to as an H pipe, any local welding shop can fab one up. A benefit will probably be smoother running and more high end power. Keep in mind that low end power loss has been reported after GB removal.

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
Unless I am mistaken, which is a possibility, this is just about the same as degoating which requires a rejet AFAIK. In taking the mufflers out of the equation, you've taken away the back pressure the mufflers create. This changes the air fuel mix and not just at idle which the only thing the air mix screws adjust. It changes it at all RPMs, and therefore he may need to rejet.
You could very well possibly be correct. (Anyone that 100% sure can pipe in anytime) I am mearly going by everything that I have read about installing aftermarket pipes and what is suggested to be done when doing so. Ear shaving I am aware in that proccedure required rejetting but pipes required adjustments of the air mixture screws.... One question asked and now I have one myself... Damn you MAN, thanks JOEY...lol

Peace :beerchug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts