1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
I don't see how being opposed to the laws of an ever more oppressive government makes one 'stupid.' Wearing a helmet may be a good idea, and may have saved this guy's life, we can't say for sure. Many believe, as this man did, that wearing a helmet should be an individual's choice. Perhaps on this eve of Independence Day, we should seek a bit of that sense of inalienable freedom in our own lives. You don't have to go out and do something you think is 'stupid', but do you really believe the government should be telling you to wear a helmet, buckle-up, what light bulbs you can use, and how much water you can use in a single flush? I applaud anyone with the balls to go out and thumb their nose at an over reaching government.
Unfortunately, this accident was a tragic irony....

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I don't see how being opposed to the laws of an ever more oppressive government makes one 'stupid.' Wearing a helmet may be a good idea, and may have saved this guy's life, we can't say for sure. Many believe, as this man did, that wearing a helmet should be an individual's choice. Perhaps on this eve of Independence Day, we should seek a bit of that sense of inalienable freedom in our own lives. You don't have to go out and do something you think is 'stupid', but do you really believe the government should be telling you to wear a helmet, buckle-up, what light bulbs you can use, and how much water you can use in a single flush? I applaud anyone with the balls to go out and thumb their nose at an over reaching government.
Unfortunately, this accident was a tragic irony....
Well said,nothing to add.

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't see how being opposed to the laws of an ever more oppressive government makes one 'stupid.'
No, you are making this political for some weird reason. Newsflash... It's not always about politics. This guy is a complete idiot because he died from a head injury while riding his motorcycle, during a protest against helmet laws. It doesn't get any better than that.

And if you want to talk about freedom, don't forget all the people that got backed up in traffic waiting for coroner to arrive, the volunteer firefighters that got pulled from their holiday parties, just to get all the pieces of this guy dumped in a bag, when he probably could have kept it all together with a simple piece of dome-shaped plastic, the same brain bucket that he was protesting.

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
No, you are making this political for some weird reason.
It was a protest of the helmet law. Laws are made by politicians. Hence, laws are by their very definition 'political' in nature. That's not a "weird reason" to connect them.

Newsflash... It's not always about politics. This guy is a complete idiot because he died from a head injury while riding his motorcycle, during a protest against helmet laws. It doesn't get any better than that.
The fact that you say, "It doesn't get any better than that" about a guy who died in a tragic motorcycle accident is a little disturbing.

And if you want to talk about freedom, don't forget all the people that got backed up in traffic waiting for coroner to arrive, the volunteer firefighters that got pulled from their holiday parties, just to get all the pieces of this guy dumped in a bag, when he probably could have kept it all together with a simple piece of dome-shaped plastic, the same brain bucket that he was protesting.
Umm, what? So if he was wearing a helmet when he got in the accident, traffic wouldn't have backed up? Paramedics and firemen wouldn't have attended the scene? Non sequitur, your logic doesn't follow. Oh, and since you have thrown out the word 'protest' a couple times allow me to define it for you; a 'protest' is by it's nature political. A demonstration to elicit public awareness and support to your cause or belief..... and by so doing, pressure a change in government policy.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Its sad that he died. Very sad. If he was wearing a helmet they say he probably would have lived. I believe its a personal choice when you ride in a state that doesn't require wearing a helmet. Personally, I never ride without one and I live in CT where we don't have a helmet law. Around here its is very common to see t-shirts, flip flops, shorts, nobody wears helmets and when there is an accident its usually fatal.

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
....do you really believe the government should be telling you to wear a helmet, buckle-up, what light bulbs you can use, and how much water you can use in a single flush? I applaud anyone with the balls to go out and thumb their nose at an over reaching government.
Well stated. If the government didn't over-reach into our personal lives so much, we could live with an occasional intrusion and might assume that there must be some overwhelming and legitimate reason for doing so. But they are addicted to regulating us, spending our money (often in very wasteful ways) and exempting themselves from the laws they put in place over us. Both parties do it but particularly the Democrats feel they need to constantly tax and regulate us in order for them to achieve their agenda. No wonder people protest against every little thing they try to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts