Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys who have taken this recently remember how far apart the cones are for the slalom test?

Even if it vary's by state I can't imagine it would be much, but I just need a rough idea anyway.

5ft? 6?

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I think they're about the distance of a standard parking space, width-wise.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Well, guess I was off a bit. :doh:
Looks more like either 2 or 3 parking spaces.
I'd been riding for a good while before I finally got my motorcycle license and just breezed through the driving part without hardly thinking about it.
I was kinda bummed it went so quick. I was having fun :motorcycl

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?
;)
Because lust is preditorial, both eye's open! Have you ever seen a "hot" chic and looked at her with only one eye? lol:smiley_th

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Because lust is preditorial, both eye's open! Have you ever seen a "hot" chic and looked at her with only one eye? lol:smiley_th
How are ya supposed to look through a key hole with both eyes???!!! LOL

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
The measurements are the same everywhere the course is taught. All 50 states, military bases and in some foreign countries as well.

Which slalom are you talking about? On the skill evaluation there is an obstacle avoidance maneuver / quick lane change / swerve. That's usually not a part that people lose points on. Most people rack up points on the turning speed selection / negotiating a curve evaluation.

For the swerve: practice holding the throttle steady, keep your body straight up and down, let the bike move beneath you, do not look at the obstacle, look where it is safe to go, then press the bars in the direction you want to go in, hold for a moment, and then press on the opposite grip to recover. NEVER EVER BRAKE WHILE SWERVING (that will put you on the ground pretty fast)!

For the negotiating a curve part: practice slow, look, press, roll. Make sure you have a good head turn so you can see through the turn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts