Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the MSF Advanced Rider Course today. I've been riding off and on since 1983, but I still learned a lot of new information and (especially) important skills to practice. I think the experience will make my riding both safer and more enjoyable. :smiley_th

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Glad you took the course. I took the beginner course just to see if there was anything I could learn at that level. The classroom portion was easy but since I was the only one in the class, the instructor had me do the advanced range exercises. Very enlightening and I too believe my riding is safer because of it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm signed up to take the advanced course in a couple weeks. I'm really looking forward to it.

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
For me, the best part about the experienced/advanced riders course was that the course was done on MY bike, not a Honda Rebel like the beginners course was on. It's certainly worthwhile to do the figure 8's and all the other maneuvers on your own bike.

Has anyone heard of a course on riding with a passenger? I take my wife out occasionally, and she does not know how to lean well, and she burned her calf on the muffler once, too. She isn't very responsive to MY teaching!! but she would take a course with me and learn from an instructor how to ride as a passenger. I've searched the net but I've come up empty...

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
You know slim, that makes a lot of sense. Only thing is, she has no interest in riding. However, she might take the class just so she can be a better passenger. Then, once she's got some confidence in her ability, who knows...

Thanks my friend, I'll ask her to take the class.

·
Registered
572 Posts
i had to take the beginers course so i could get my class m license being only 17 yrs old. it was a fun course, they had us riding tw200's which r dirtbikes w/ these huge ballon tires on them, me and this guy were leaning the bikes till the pegs were scraping the ground, so much fun lol

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts
Has anyone heard of a course on riding with a passenger?
Here in Jersey MSF offers a course they call the "2 Up" course.

R

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Insurance Benefit?

I called my motorcycle insurance carrier today (Progressive) to see if there would be a benefit to having completed the MSF Experienced Rider Course on 8-2-08. The monetary benefit, at least for this year, is minimal ($8). But they said that it's good to have that information on file ~ if there is a claim, it would be a positive mark in my favor.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
....they had us riding tw200's ....
That was the very first motorcycle I wanted to get when they first came out.
Mostly because it was a dual sport, and it's my initials.
Never did get one though :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts