Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so when i start getting deeper into my chargeing system next month and replace my stator. i was considering moving my r/r. i bought one off a 1500 or 1100 used that worked because it dosnt have as much issues with over heating from what i heard. but i was wondering. when i move it can i9 go to like home depot or something to find a small bracket that works well or so i need to make one up my self? what are some of they things you guys have done?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Yes and Yes

but i was wondering. when i move it can i9 go to like home depot or something to find a small bracket that works well or so i need to make one up my self? what are some of they things you guys have done?
It is that easy and cheap. Here's a bracket from Home Depot that had two holes already drilled in it, I used rubber washers on both sides to help isolate from vibrations, and you're done.

DT

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Here is a link to fergy`s r/r relocation bracket made with a couple of pieces of strap steel, a 1 1/8" U-clamp, 2 bolts and a short piece of 3/8 fuel line.
http://pages.tstar.net/~fergy/writeups/regulator_relocate.html

If you are not going to remove the original r/r, ignore the first part.
The last picture shows the final results.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Remember to add dielectric grease to the connection block. Moving it to this location increases road debris, water and all sorts of crap if you ride in bad weather.

DT

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
good point on the grease. I lubed mine up till it oozed out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts