Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello just wondering I have been doing some reading , I see you can make a kit to lower the rear or swap out the shocks, has any one just moved the top mounting hole ?? I was looking at maybe just using the first or second back rest hole as I will no longer be using the back rest

·
Tinkerer
572 Posts
Personally, without strengthening the frame I wouldn't recommend using the back rest holes. Plus moving the top mount backwards will totally alter the the rear end set-up, again something personally I wouldn't do. Buying shorter shocks is the easiest option or making the lowering brackets like you've already mentioned.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
Suzuki savage or s40 boulevard shocks lower it about 3" and bolt on.I move the forks up in the trees to bring the rake back and had to relocate the rectifier as the swing arm was hitting it after lowering

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,966 Posts
Personally, without strengthening the frame I wouldn't recommend using the back rest holes. Plus moving the top mount backwards will totally alter the the rear end set-up, again something personally I wouldn't do. Buying shorter shocks is the easiest option or making the lowering brackets like you've already mentioned.
+1

Get shorter shocks or a real lowering kit (that moves the bottom of the shock back more)

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
+1

Get shorter shocks or a real lowering kit (that moves the bottom of the shock back more)
no one makes a lowering kit for a vn750 that I know of. Slimvulcanrider made one for himself. I'll see if I can find pics

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks it was just a thought I had seeing how it will be wasted space after altering it for the 900 seat.. most likely so the s40 shocks thanks for all the info

1 - 6 of 6 Posts