Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my problem migrates from one cylinder to the other depending on if my bike is leaned over or sitting straight up as if you where riding it. When the bike is leaned over the back cylinder does not get gas. When the bike is sitting up as if you where riding it the front cylinder does not get gas. I just installed the Accel Super Coils on it and they helped a lot so I know my old coils where going bad but what would be causing the fuel problem? I was thinking the peacock but I was not sure. Both bikes are doing this by the way and part of the problem on the 93 is the cam tensioner is sticking and I am going to try and fix this soon but I do not think that is my main problem. This problem is happening equally in both the 02 and the 93 so the cam tensioner is responsible is not the problem but it is causing the 93 to back fire a bit at low rpms but the bike makes up for it at high rpms cause it evens out. Oh and at higher rpms both cyclinders run fine on both bikes it is just at low rpms. But like I said it migrates depending on if it is leaned over or not.

·
Registered
164 Posts
With the back and forth descriptions of two bikes in that paragraph, it makes it very difficult to understand exactly what you are trying to say. Maybe you could just concentrate on one bike at a time just to simplify the diagnostic process....

·
Registered
796 Posts
Kind of funny you have practically the same years I do. 01' and a 93'. haha I have a similar problem on my 93'. I believe it is carb float issues. I have yet to pull it apart and rebuild though. The only difference with mine is when the bike is leaned on the kickstand it has a rough idle but when upright it idles smooth. I never checked if it was on one cylinder or not.

As for the ACCT's. I did the $3 rebuild to manual. It cleared up the rattling. This is the thread for this mod.

http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4912

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kind of funny you have practically the same years I do. 01' and a 93'. haha I have a similar problem on my 93'. I believe it is carb float issues. I have yet to pull it apart and rebuild though. The only difference with mine is when the bike is leaned on the kickstand it has a rough idle but when upright it idles smooth. I never checked if it was on one cylinder or not.

As for the ACCT's. I did the $3 rebuild to manual. It cleared up the rattling. This is the thread for this mod.

http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4912
Yeah thats what I meaned by leaned over. When the bikes are on their side stands the engines run rough but as soon as they are leaned up or on the center stand the bike runs fine. I found out that on the 2002 the fuel lines had been cut too long. But I can live with it cause the bikes run good I am just nit picky and I want it to run like it was brand new but it wont so I will settle for the way it is cause as long as it runs right when it is leaned up like you are riding it this bike isnt like my Buell where it would run on its side no problem.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
I found out that on the 2002 the fuel lines had been cut too long. But I can live with it /QUOTE]

Why not cut them to the right length?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did cut them down. The bike still acts weird at times but at other times it is fine. I have not figured out what is causing the change but it is not so bad. This is my second bike. My first was a 2001 Buell Blast which was a good bike till it got some miles on it and everything started breaking down on it but that is expected with a Harley bike. This one ran great for a while till I got a hold of some bad gas and it ended up causing a lot of problems. I have got it back to running almost like it was before and I guess that will have to do because I do not have the time to rebuild the carbs or the money to pay someone else to do it for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts