Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so i noticed today when i test fitted a buddys set of bags that they would totally make my helmet hooks in operatve. So has anybody ever looked into moving the helmet hooks, or getting new ones? It's a feature I quite enjoy so I'm not lugging around the brain bucket at a dinner or such.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
There is relocation brackets for them, not cheep. If you have some skill at metal work you can make a bracket yourself, I did, will try and post picts later.

·
Registered
78 Posts
There is also an aftermarket bar that attaches to the license plate holder in the back of the bike which has two helmet locks on it. I forget the name, but if you goodle "helmet lock license plate" you will be able to locate it.
It runs about $49 if I remember correctly, and looks easy to install.

Dom

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I don't know if you can open and close the lock on your bracket where it is (with the bags on) but they make a T bar that has a hole in the end (hole in in the non T end) that you slip through your buckle and then lock the T on the helmet lock. It might extend the length enough to use the locks in the stock location.

These are on ebay...

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
If you are not relocating your turn signals, you can just take a thick bar of aluminum (about an inch wide, 1/4 to 1/2 thick) and make a relocation bracket yourself. If you make it long enough it will be even easier to use than the $$$ Kawasaki relocation kit.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dgcam55 said:
There is also an aftermarket bar that attaches to the license plate holder in the back of the bike which has two helmet locks on it. I forget the name, but if you goodle "helmet lock license plate" you will be able to locate it.
It runs about $49 if I remember correctly, and looks easy to install.

Dom

FOUND IT! thanks!

http://www.lockitt.com/accessories_helmet_holders.htm

Tons of options, gonna check out what I can do when I get home. THANKS! =D :pepper:

·
Registered
27 Posts
When I added my sddle bags, I too had to move turn signals and helmet locks. I made a bracket to relocate my turn signals to mount with the license plate, and took my helmet locks and mounted them to the original turn signal location. Made a 1/8" aluminum plate to "blend in" slight diffence. On one side the helmet lock is upside down, but these are so small it goes unnoticed. All this took me about 1 hour of fabrication, and looks nice to have turn signals down lower in my opinion.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
woodydh said:
When I added my sddle bags, I too had to move turn signals and helmet locks. I made a bracket to relocate my turn signals to mount with the license plate, and took my helmet locks and mounted them to the original turn signal location. Made a 1/8" aluminum plate to "blend in" slight diffence. On one side the helmet lock is upside down, but these are so small it goes unnoticed. All this took me about 1 hour of fabrication, and looks nice to have turn signals down lower in my opinion.
I'm starting to wonder if I have diffrent turn signals than ya'll. Mine have a rubber base that taper as it reaches the lens, I just can't see them working any where but the fender with that wide of a base. Shed any light on me? =)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nothing different. I have the same lights, with the rubber shaft or stem, and they have the "turn and lock" to fit in the hole in original mounting location. The bracket I made was a piece of .060 stock that was 1 1/2" x 11 1/2". Then I transfered my license plate mounting holes and turn signal bolt hole and turn and lock holes. I then measured the width of the fender at its widest point and made my bends to my stock 1/8" wider than the fender. By going 1 1/2", your turn signal is 1 1/8", so this gives it plenty of surface area. I then mounted the turn signals, and to the license plate bracket and topped it off with remounting the license plate in its original location. You will have to run your turn signal wires to this new location, I followed the wiring for the license plate light. Totally hidden. I am changing over to bullet lights, but for now, what I have will serve the same function. I hope this helped. If you like I can post a pic of it, if that helps. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.