Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting ready for a trip down to Gulfport Mississippi this summer and one of the items on my list to buy is a set of saddlebags. I borrowed my buddy's Saddlemen Highwayman bags, large, to use as a gauge for what size bags to get and couldnt get them to mount. The bags themselves were just fine: I could probably even go a size larger. However, whenever I threw them over the frame and tried to put the seat back on, the seat pushed on the yoke and forced the bags to tilt down. I tried adjusting the yoke, turning the bags around backwards... everthing I could think of to get them to fit without sliding but the seat kept interfering.

Can those of you with throwover bags post pictures of how you mounted them under the seat? I need to get my bags ordered soon and a little guidance would really help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
721 Posts
if they have plastic reinforced sides and you don't mind hard mounting bags, you could use Willie and Max hard mount bracket part #hm633. I've heard they work well... good luck!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just read through the thread in the Verses that deals with this subject, and it didnt really help me any. As the saying goes, "a picture is worth a thousand words." Through the reading however, I did note that many of the things I tried were addressed in the thread, so I suppose I should have read up here first before trying to mount the bags on my bike. Unfortunately, I didnt and have since returned the bags to my friend. Thus, I cant go and try anything new.

99, I wouldnt mind hardmounting them at all. I'll look into that bracket and see what I can work with. Even so, I'd still like to see some pictures of how everyone mounted their throwovers.

Thanks again :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts