Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
Google the name, then go to page four. Then the one 5th from the bottom has a little on the club. Like one guy said sounded like the handyman magazine offer. Looks like another motorcycle club like ours, and sight is about the same.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
The site says:

Sign up today to become a product tester for your chance to receive cool new motorcycle gear -- free.

So, just because you sign up, doesn't mean you WILL get free gear, but ya MIGHT.

Could be on the up and up though. I couldn't find anything that mentions dues or cost to join. Did the letter you got say anything about that???

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
American Motorcyclist Association

The only legit group that I know of is the AMA ~ American Motorcyclist Association. Here is the link to their website: http://www.amadirectlink.com/index.asp. I'm not a member, but I've thought about joining. (Is anyone else out there a member?!)

According to the website: Founded in 1924, the AMA has an unparalleled history of pursuing, protecting and promoting the interests of the world's largest and most dedicated group of motorcycle enthusiasts. The AMA focuses on rights, riding and racing through its government relations work, by sanctioning road and off-road riding activities and overseeing professional and amateur racing events.

The AMA's headquarters is in Pickerington, OH (near Columbus) ~ it's also the location of the Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum (http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org ~ check out the photo of Rush drummer Neil Peart and his BMW).

·
Registered
659 Posts
I got this same mailing earlier this week. Somewhere in all the stuss it said the cost was a dollar a month. I'm going to send it in, but I'll think again once they actually want $$.

It did come with a "Start Seeing Motorcycles" bumber sticker for the back window of the shell on my truck!

Someone like Ride Gear or Newenough must have sold their customer list to these guys.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, they said "don't worry about sending money cause its so cheap its easier to just bill you." Then on the back it does say its about $1 a month for dues. I wanted to try it but that wordng just made me kinda suspicious. Also, you win either a road map book or a rainsuit or both for joining...just so happens I "won" both. Guess I am just skeptical of this kind of stuff...I always go with the if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. Sounds like the $12 is for the magazine, and then they send you some stuff to sample. If its true you can cancel at anytime i guess it might be worth a shot.

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
The only legit group that I know of is the AMA ~ American Motorcyclist Association. Here is the link to their website: http://www.amadirectlink.com/index.asp. I'm not a member, but I've thought about joining. (Is anyone else out there a member?!)

According to the website: Founded in 1924, the AMA has an unparalleled history of pursuing, protecting and promoting the interests of the world's largest and most dedicated group of motorcycle enthusiasts. The AMA focuses on rights, riding and racing through its government relations work, by sanctioning road and off-road riding activities and overseeing professional and amateur racing events.
I was a member of the AMA until I came to realise that their claims of "unparalled history of pursuing, protecting" blah blah blah is mostly self serving talk. The AMA with it's vast membership has the potential of being the #1 motorcycle rights organization in the world and yet they do nothing to support motorcycle rights except claim victory when groups like the MRF and state ABATE's win battles. The AMA's board is made up of 50% regional representatives and 50% manufacturers rep's. This make up has resulted in the AMA fighting for the rights of Harley and Honda and leaving the American motorcyclist feeling abused by the EPA and the safetycrats. Now, a few people running for regional board positions have realized that the AMA is nothing but a rubber stamp for the self serving manufacturers and are trying to get elected to effect change, but that change is years away. In the mean time, the AMA still claims to support your RIGHTS while working against your rights behind closed doors.

If you want bang for your buck, join the MRF. If you want a flashy monthly mag and a patch for your jacket, then the AMA is your group. The MRF carries the water and the AMA takes the credit. Sound familiar???

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
If you want bang for your buck, join the MRF. If you want a flashy monthly mag and a patch for your jacket, then the AMA is your group. The MRF carries the water and the AMA takes the credit.
Thanks for the info. I have no experience whatsoever with biker groups.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I received the mailing from the Motorcycle Riders Group of American, sent it in and have been receiving their magazines for about nine months now. The mags are pretty good, I have been sent one item to test and keep. They will try to get you to go for a life membership with all kinds of other goodies, but I turned that down (a little expensive). They sent me a nice rain suit as part of my membership. So far I have been happy with what I have received as a member. They have the mags at some stores, so you can check them out; the member issues have an expanded member section. Like I said not bad for the basic price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts