1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
That is scary. I'm going to stay home and "cling to my guns and my religion". Vote my friends!

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
It's the Gestapo! Just what you wanted your hard-earned tax dollars to go to, right?

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the Gestapo! Just what you wanted your hard-earned tax dollars to go to, right?
If it makes money in Georgia Look for it in a city near you,Had you or I defied the US House or Senate we would be held in contempt.This another bureaucracy that has become it's own little self governing body not answering to any one but themselves.who else remembers Joan Claybrook and all her attempts to save us from ourselves when she was in charge of the NHTSA.

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
If it makes money in Georgia Look for it in a city near you,Had you or I defied the US House or Senate we would be held in contempt.This another bureaucracy that has become it's own little self governing body not answering to any one but themselves.who else remembers Joan Claybrook and all her attempts to save us from ourselves when she was in charge of the NHTSA.
I hear ya. We the People need to take more control by voting out those who try and govern us, and putting in those who will "work" for us.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Do you guys think this law is geared more towards sport bikers? I ask because maybe there's a higher concentration of reckess sport bikers in GA that this law is designed to supress. Although if that were the case and they're already prepared to go to this level of discrimination, what would stop them from targeting sport bikes specifically? There goes that idea. So it really is targeting only bikers and ALL bikers. It's "innocent until proven guilty," not the other way around. Profiling is profiling regardless of who you're targeting. I would like to ask the people that passed this law what they think the difference is between this law and one targeting Asian female drivers. I bet they couldn't answer that with any sense of logic.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
I do ride a bit in N. georgia (I won't capitalise georgia any more) and they do have a handgun carry reciprocity agreement with Tenn., but I might need to down grade my carry gun value to a lesser valued one...lol... They would probably like to take good stuff and pocket it, since they want to steal $$$ funds from us anyway they can.... Sorry SOBs...:doh:...
PS-I also posted the link over on the XL forums...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Hmmm. Never thought I would see something like this in my country!

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
Here in the commonwealth they have to have probable cause to search you without a warrant. When they ask if they can look through my saddle bags I ask their PC and if they don't have any I tell them to get a warrant from the magistrate. As you can probably tell from the pic I get pulled over once in a while.

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
its usually the long hair goatee and general bad attitude.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Ya know, as a Georgian and Georgia rider, I kinda see this as a good thing....in a way.

It will get unlicensed and uninsured riders off the road. Many unlicensed/uninsured riders are dangerous because most of them don't know how to ride and cause accidents. It may even get some criminals off the streets.

A lot of these "yo yo homie G thug" punks like to ride crotch rockets around here and many of them also have warrants out for their arrest for parole and probation violations and failed court appearances. So if this help to get these morons that ride like kamikaze suicidal jack-wagons off the road, I'm all for it.

Oh, and lets not forget to the geniuses that ride drunk!

I personally have nothing to worry about. I have a valid driver's license with a MC endorsement, I am fully insured and don't do anything illegal such as carry a weapon without a permit or carry any kind of illegal substance with me as I have been clean for 5 years now. So it really doesn't bother me.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya know, as a Georgian and Georgia rider, I kinda see this as a good thing....in a way.

It will get unlicensed and uninsured riders off the road. Many unlicensed/uninsured riders are dangerous because most of them don't know how to ride and cause accidents. It may even get some criminals off the streets.

A lot of these "yo yo homie G thug" punks like to ride crotch rockets around here and many of them also have warrants out for their arrest for parole and probation violations and failed court appearances. So if this help to get these morons that ride like kamikaze suicidal jack-wagons off the road, I'm all for it.

Oh, and lets not forget to the geniuses that ride drunk!

I personally have nothing to worry about. I have a valid driver's license with a MC endorsement, I am fully insured and don't do anything illegal such as carry a weapon without a permit or carry any kind of illegal substance with me as I have been clean for 5 years now. So it really doesn't bother me.
This is exactly the kind of complacency that the Idiots in charge,want to instill in you.I am a Christian ,don't do drugs don't even carry a gun while riding,but the problem lies in the officers don't distinguish you from the ones you are talking about.You ride a bike,you are doing something wrong is the message it sends,and personally I don't want to spend my time sitting beside the road while Joe citizen in his cage gets a free pass.NPR fired Juan Williams for saying he would e scared if a muslim wearing traditional apparel boarded a plane that he was on.In this era of politically correct we "THE LAW OFICERS" and society can't profile any one on the way they look or where we are from ,we just got tagged!The ones you speak of having warrants against them also drive cars, hang around street corners and do all kinds of other legal activities.
As far as putting this off on sport bikers in general is as wrong as sayin it's alright for me to own a shotgun ,but you have no business with that concealed pistol,you plan on killing some one.You live in Georgia and if you want to lay down and say it won't affect me that's alright,with me.But hats what they said when the third Reich started checking everyones papers at check points,There were also those who thought it would be great for no private citizen to own a gun in England,Just like those who say that here now.
I know this is not popular but I am going to say this anyway.How many times have you heard "they just stopped me because I was Black and they are Racists"Bleeding hearts every where believe this.WE as bikers will be saying the same thing but no one will care.
In KY check points have been used for years and i have no problem with them as long as they are applied equally to all regardless of what they drive ,it is a valuable tool for finding Drunks ,which by the way are a lot more likely to be driving a car than on a bike simply because there are more cars than bikes on the road.I am for arresting these thugs you talk about but to single out all but one segment of the population for check points is wrong any way you cut it.
A few on here belong to ABATE,I have heard others say what it is an acronym for but don't remember what it is now,But I do remember what it used to stand for before it got watered down A BROTHERHOOD AGAINST TOTALITARIAN ENACTMENTS.
In the early 80's this same government agency that funded this bikes only Safety checkpoint ,was ran by Joan ClayBrook whose goal then was to make it so difficult to ride a bike legally that people would eventually give up this silly habit.Thankfully she is gone now but her minions hat were there when she was apparently learned at her knee about all the outlaws on motorcycles.
This is just a first step in moving motorcycling into the same category as guns,Some one with a bike must be up to something.It's about freedomand how valuable is it to you.
This end run around the legislative process to enact a totally biased policy chafes my butt,in case no one noticed.

·
Super Moderator
11,933 Posts
Ya know, as a Georgian and Georgia rider, I kinda see this as a good thing....in a way..
I guess that was my question here, as I did not read the link...what are the cops looking for when they pull these bikers over?..

If it is just to check that they have a motocycle license and the "proper papers" ( Your papers please...) I am with you more or less.

I know many out there do not have a valid licence, or insurance, or should not be driving for other reasons. Getting them off the road sounds fine to me.

I am afraid in agreement that the drunk driver in the car in front of me is not going to get pulled over, but because I am on a bike, I get waved to the side.

I would also like it if once I "pass" muster at one of these check points, they put a sticker on my front fork saying so...so when I come up to another checkppoint later on , I don't have to stop again.

They have check points some times here...(I am told) ..looking for drunk drivers...but at least they pull EVERYONE over for the check and do not single out bikes.

It still sounds pretty unconstitutional to me.

KM

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
^^^ +1 on what Denny said, and if they do the motorcycle only check points I think they should get paid accordingly, like maybe there are 1-2% motorcycles, then their pay should be 1-2% of normal... Too many people died for our freedoms, the least we can do is try to keep them...
If the georgia officers don't have anything better to do, send them down to Jan Brewer & sheriff Joe, they'll put'em to good use there on the border...
That would help your no Ins. no drivers Lic. & drugged or drunk driving situation a lot more than the bike checks...
BTW-I've been drug free for 74 yrs. next month...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ain't America Grand!!! Enjoy freedom while it lasts! It is being bred out of our future. The 50's and 60's are gone my friends.

Joe

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
+2 on what Denny said!! I'm not a smoker, but smokers rolled over and took it in the states where smoking has been banned in all public establishments. Non-smokers said, "It doesn't bother me. I don't smoke. Besides, with that law I can visit places without getting smoke in my face." I abhor smoking, but, it's another in a long line of freedoms that are slowly being taken away from us.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
This is exactly the kind of complacency that the Idiots in charge,want to instill in you.I am a Christian ,don't do drugs don't even carry a gun while riding,but the problem lies in the officers don't distinguish you from the ones you are talking about.You ride a bike,you are doing something wrong is the message it sends,and personally I don't want to spend my time sitting beside the road while Joe citizen in his cage gets a free pass.NPR fired Juan Williams for saying he would e scared if a muslim wearing traditional apparel boarded a plane that he was on.In this era of politically correct we "THE LAW OFICERS" and society can't profile any one on the way they look or where we are from ,we just got tagged!The ones you speak of having warrants against them also drive cars, hang around street corners and do all kinds of other legal activities.
As far as putting this off on sport bikers in general is as wrong as sayin it's alright for me to own a shotgun ,but you have no business with that concealed pistol,you plan on killing some one.You live in Georgia and if you want to lay down and say it won't affect me that's alright,with me.But hats what they said when the third Reich started checking everyones papers at check points,There were also those who thought it would be great for no private citizen to own a gun in England,Just like those who say that here now.
I know this is not popular but I am going to say this anyway.How many times have you heard "they just stopped me because I was Black and they are Racists"Bleeding hearts every where believe this.WE as bikers will be saying the same thing but no one will care.
In KY check points have been used for years and i have no problem with them as long as they are applied equally to all regardless of what they drive ,it is a valuable tool for finding Drunks ,which by the way are a lot more likely to be driving a car than on a bike simply because there are more cars than bikes on the road.I am for arresting these thugs you talk about but to single out all but one segment of the population for check points is wrong any way you cut it.
A few on here belong to ABATE,I have heard others say what it is an acronym for but don't remember what it is now,But I do remember what it used to stand for before it got watered down A BROTHERHOOD AGAINST TOTALITARIAN ENACTMENTS.
In the early 80's this same government agency that funded this bikes only Safety checkpoint ,was ran by Joan ClayBrook whose goal then was to make it so difficult to ride a bike legally that people would eventually give up this silly habit.Thankfully she is gone now but her minions hat were there when she was apparently learned at her knee about all the outlaws on motorcycles.
This is just a first step in moving motorcycling into the same category as guns,Some one with a bike must be up to something.It's about freedomand how valuable is it to you.
This end run around the legislative process to enact a totally biased policy chafes my butt,in case no one noticed.
Well from the way I understand it, you live out in the sticks pretty much. I live around a major city, which means a lot more crime.

I believe that a good majority of the motivation for the Georgia State Patrol starting such a team targeting motorcycles is due to a high crime rate with and/or relating to motorcycles.

Mostly because of the cost of gas, the number of motorcycles on the road in my area has gone way up. With this you have a lot more jackasses out there riding dangerously and recklessly. The reason I single out crotch rockets is because they are in fact the ones I always see behaving in this way 99.9% of the time. Am I saying that someone on a cruiser or touring bike doesn't behave in the same way? No, but it's not likely nor is it often, if at all do I ever see them riding this way.

Also, the number motorcycle theft has sky rocketed in the surrounding counties, mostly in cities within those counties highly populated by......you guessed it, "ethnic" people. You will have to excuse my bluntness as I don't sugar coat things and am not a very "politically correct" person because I don't see the point. I speak the facts, cold and hard. Not saying white people are not also stealing bikes, but the majority of these cases are young African American males and young Latin American/immigrant males committing these crimes.

So, I can see why the GSP wants to set up these motorcycle check points. Besides, it's not like they are gonna stop posting road blocks for everyone including cagers or give any "free passes" to cagers.

If anything, for as long as I have known, most cops don't mess with bikers unless you are doing something really stupid. So it's about time they started paying just as much attention to motorcyclist as they do cagers.

So, I still support the actions of GSP, wish them well and hope they help cut down on these morons and criminals.

·
Super Moderator
11,933 Posts
All it is going to take is one biker that refuses to pull over , that then asks why he was singled out , gets a ticket for it..then gets a lawyer and takes it to the Georgian supreme court.

Hopefully there is some rich Harley rider that will object to being profiled like that and has a the time and the money.

KM

1 - 20 of 52 Posts