Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Atv/motorcycle lift from harbor freight today and after putting it together and getting it under the bike, I don't see how I can safely jack up my bike. The motor sits below the frame and even at that the motor isn't wide enough to adequately (at least to me) sit onto the lift. I searched the site and this question has been posted within a thread before but no1 answered the question. I guess on most bikes the frame sites below the engine, not on the 750 though. Anyone used a lift before? Is it okay to lift the bike via the engine? Thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was actually going to buy one today and take advantage of the 25% off they had for mothers day but i wasnt ready to invest the money yet... Unfortunately im pretty green when it comes to motorcycles i have no idea

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
I didn't buy a lift until I bought a sportster. The center stand should be all the lift you need. You can add wood under the stand to get the bike up to remove the rear tire for instance. Man I MISS THAT CENTER STAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts