Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had my motorcycle key stolen (only had one, yes my fault), and am wondering what my options are.

I have an 88 750.

Is there a way to get a key made or should I look into replacing the ignition system/starter and getting a new key with that?

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Call a locksmith and they should be able to look up the vin and make a key.
Alot cheeper that replacing the locks.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
619 Posts
So I had my motorcycle key stolen (only had one, yes my fault), and am wondering what my options are.

I have an 88 750.

Is there a way to get a key made or should I look into replacing the ignition system/starter and getting a new key with that?
If the key was stolen then maybe the bike will be next, I would change the ignition barrel and have a different key for it :smiley_th

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
I ordered an extra key from a Kaw dealer. Go to one and order two......

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
If the key was stolen then maybe the bike will be next, I would change the ignition barrel and have a different key for it :smiley_th
Put a lock on the brake disc for security until you get the locks rekeyed. :)

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
diy on rekeying helmet locks in my sig. pretty easy on the helmet locks but I have not done an ignition or tank lock although they should be pretty similar since it is the same key

·
Registered
1 Posts
You might be able to go too your dealer and see if they can cut you one from the VIN on your scooter. Or you can go to a Locksmith and see if he can make a new key for the ignition. I've had them (the locksmith) do that on a boat I had when I lost the keys.

·
2,527 Posts
You might be able to go too your dealer and see if they can cut you one from the VIN on your scooter. Or you can go to a Locksmith and see if he can make a new key for the ignition. I've had them (the locksmith) do that on a boat I had when I lost the keys.
Hey Damian, this thread is 4 years old, lol. Why don't you start your membership with a post in the newbie section.

Reactions: OleDirtyDoc

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
Hey Damian, this thread is 4 years old, lol. Why don't you start your membership with a post in the newbie section.
Nice to see someone else notice the first time posters that always miss the introduction phase.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,201 Posts
ahh and it's also nice to see rat's asses given again.😉

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,201 Posts

·
2,501 Posts
ahh and it's also nice to see rat's asses given again.😉

Not sure how many got that reference but I did. >:)

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,201 Posts
Not sure how many got that reference but I did. >:)
hell Tom I have an awesome recipe for a rat's ass poboy. no rat's asses get left behind here at vn750.com.this is how much I care.it is now my goal to give every member here a rat's ass before I die

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,201 Posts
hell Tom I have an awesome recipe for a rat's ass poboy. no rat's asses get left behind here at vn750.com.this is how much I care.it is now my goal to give every member here a rat's ass before I die

and for those who think this is a joke keep you're eyes open

·
2,501 Posts

and for those who think this is a joke keep you're eyes open

I have to say that you are one of the most caring individuals I have ever known in my life time. Just don't loose that recipe. There sure are lots of those just waiting to be cooked up. Anyone that doesn't appreciate a good rat's ass doesn't know what they are missing. :wink2:

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,201 Posts
thank you Brother Tom.and here is your rat's ass. 😀.I am thinking about putting something in my signature about it so I don't have to keep typing it.but it just might make my brain get creative in the way I present it

·
2,501 Posts
thank you Brother Tom.and here is your rat's ass. 😀.I am thinking about putting something in my signature about it so I don't have to keep typing it.but it just might make my brain get creative in the way I present it

OleDirtyDoc
Giver and Head Chef of Rat's Ass Poboys

It has certain ring to it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts