Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
Mine is an HJC CL-11 and is white. During the winter it sucks, as it constantly fogs up... Isn't their a product for your bathroom mirrors that keeps them from fogging up?

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Done. It would be fun to see the results.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Done. I've got an HJC and the summer ventilation has been great here in TX. But wish I could keep the cold air out in the winter. Oh, it's noisy, too.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Mine is an HJC CL-11 and is white. During the winter it sucks, as it constantly fogs up... Isn't their a product for your bathroom mirrors that keeps them from fogging up?
RainX antifog works well.

·
Bat
161 Posts
I've hears somewhere that RainX is not good for plexiglass or Lucite ...probably makes it brittle after a while. Anyone hear that is or isn't good for visors?

·
Super Moderator
11,970 Posts
I`m not sure whether you are pulling our collective leg here, ;) or are serious KM. I can see how a cold helmet would be effective for a short time, but the cooling effect won`t last for long on a hot day.
I am completely serious. Durring the summer I never lock up my helmet in one of the cases on my bike when I get to work, I always bring it inside. (why let is sit in the hot sun all day?) About a hour before I leave, I stick it in the freezer at work..it does stay cold for awhile, at least long enough to slip through all the side streets I need to go through before I hit the highway.

Better to at least start out cool even if the effects wear off eventually. ;)

You can also just soak the inside with water too, have not tried this, but many report it helps alot and does not hurt the helmet.

As now it is cold out...I do leave the helmet in the case so it gets warm in the sun.

And again the only product I know that completely stops the inside of your visor from fogging up on a cold day is the double pane visor system made by Pinlock. Bad news is they only offer the visor for certain helmet models.

http://www.pinlockusa.net/HelmetManufacturers

KM

21 - 27 of 27 Posts