Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for clock options for my bike. I have seen some people make custom dashes, use cheap Velcro watches, or plastic stick on ones. I like the idea of having something a little more permanent that flows with the bike, so I was thinking handlebar mounted clock. I don't have my bike with me today with all the rain, so maybe someone knows or can confirm what size handle bars are stock for the bike. Formotion makes some handle bar mount clocks and I think Riders Passion too.

Is 1.25" the correct size for a handlebar mount clock for the vulcan?

Has there ever been a heavy duty magnet mount analog clock made?

What have folks used here?

Feel free to share pictures or links to websites.

Normally I don't care what time it is when I am on the bike, but have been making longer commutes needing to be punctual not having to get off the bike to check the cell has become important because of traffic etc. I can tell how I am doing with time and traffic if I can get over the bay bridge in 45 minutes and hitting a certain section of the highway at the wrong time can add 30 minutes or more to my commute.

Take care,

Eric

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
These are more $$$ than I'd pay. I picked up a stick on clock from a truck stop for my VN.
JCWhitney.com motorcycle clock:

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have been looking for clock options for my bike. I have seen some people make custom dashes, use cheap Velcro watches, or plastic stick on ones. I like the idea of having something a little more permanent that flows with the bike, so I was thinking handlebar mounted clock. I don't have my bike with me today with all the rain, so maybe someone knows or can confirm what size handle bars are stock for the bike. Formotion makes some handle bar mount clocks and I think Riders Passion too.

Is 1.25" the correct size for a handlebar mount clock for the vulcan?

Has there ever been a heavy duty magnet mount analog clock made?

What have folks used here?

Feel free to share pictures or links to websites.

Normally I don't care what time it is when I am on the bike, but have been making longer commutes needing to be punctual not having to get off the bike to check the cell has become important because of traffic etc. I can tell how I am doing with time and traffic if I can get over the bay bridge in 45 minutes and hitting a certain section of the highway at the wrong time can add 30 minutes or more to my commute.

Take care,

Eric
Check out posts 1 & 8 in this thread

·
Registered
555 Posts
I bought a cheap wristband watch and put it on the handlebars. works fine.

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Go to eBay and search for motorcycle clocks. There are many chrome bar-mounted analogue clocks. Clocks for Bikes has some nice ones for $32

·
Super Moderator
11,927 Posts
Go to eBay and search for motorcycle clocks. There are many chrome bar-mounted analogue clocks. Clocks for Bikes has some nice ones for $32
Just make sure it is an "anti shock" timepiece. The vibes from the bike can screw up ALOT of clocks not made for such abuse.

"it takes a lick'n and keeps on tick'n"

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
I have one from Clocks4Bikes.com on my handlebars for several years and it looks good and works fine. Besides they are very nice people to do business with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts