Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, let me first appologize for this being my first post. I generally do introduce myself and try not to be one of those random posters before asking for help...but I'm in the middle of a stator redo and came across this washer laying on the garage floor and I'm not positive if it came out of the engine or other areas, but I do want to make sure before I start the rebuild. The size is about that of a nickel and it does slide over the shifter shaft perfectly, but I've tried looking around the OEM parts section of cheap cycle parts to see if I could identify its location, no luck. With the pic attached, I was hoping someone could identify it and explain where it goes. This only aggrevates my '06 VN750 w/ 6K miles which already needs a stator. Hopefully the summer will be long. Many thanks folks...and I wouldnt have attempted this w/o this site. Thanks, Rick

Attachments

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
gonna look at my walkthrough and see if I remember anything like that, kinda looks like and exhaust gasket but if I remember right its quite a bit bigger than a nickel!

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
could be a washer to one of your motor mounts, does it fit over the long bolts that mount the engine?

And welcome to the group! just go back and introduce yourself in the new members area, you will get a ton of welcomes and great advice!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,774 Posts
Can't help with the washer, but get your stator rewound here: http://www.tpe-usa.com/

When he's done with it, it is beter than OEM, only costs around $65 plus shipping, and isn't a cheap Chinese stator like most everyone sells!

·
Registered
195 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, I think it goes on the shift shaft on the inside of the cover. I cannot get the cheapcycleparts diagrams to show up to find it. there should also be a circlip on there if I recommember.
Che

·
Registered
399 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
yup. i found part no. 92022

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Washer

Thanks Cheman, I was actually able to enlarge that enough to look at it w/o distorting the pic too much. I'm thinking it's the one that sits between the shift arm and the housing, because I didnt mess with anything past the circlip. When I pulled the shift arm off it must have still been stuck to it. The backside of the shift arm has a wear pattern that fits the washer almost perfect, so I'm pretty sure that's where it goes. Appreciate the inputs guys. Now its time to box the stator for shipping to TPE. By the way...anyone know if he accepts money orders??

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sounds like you've already got it figured out. Just wanted to confirm that it goes on the shift shaft between the circlip and the cover. I believe that it prevents the circlip from eating away at the soft aluminum cover.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Appreciate the info link Hoss, I couldnt get his website or ebay site to come up the other day for nothing. Said it was under construction, but I've got it under control now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts