Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finishing my Stator replacement and putting everything back together, I am a bit perplexed with the top motor mount. The bolt goes thru at top rear and has spacers (1 on each side), but when I tighten up, there still appears to be 1/4" of space left on each spacer. Am I not tightening enough or is there supposed to be give, or did I loose something. Anyone who has removed there motor may be familiar with this, I hope, and can shed some light on it...as I am again somewaht confused.
Justin
2003 VN750
23000 miles
replacing Stator and R/R

·
Registered
200 Posts
justin said:
Finishing my Stator replacement and putting everything back together, I am a bit perplexed with the top motor mount. The bolt goes thru at top rear and has spacers (1 on each side), but when I tighten up, there still appears to be 1/4" of space left on each spacer. Am I not tightening enough or is there supposed to be give, or did I loose something. Anyone who has removed there motor may be familiar with this, I hope, and can shed some light on it...as I am again somewaht confused.
Justin
2003 VN750
23000 miles
replacing Stator and R/R
Justin...I did the stator replacement in April, and ran down to check those rubber mounts.
On mine, the right side mount is not flush with the outside of the engine bracket, but it is on the leftside. The right side is abt 1/8" from flush on.
The bolt has been torqued correctly....maybe I'll prop up the engine and check again.

·
Registered
134 Posts
This rubber mount "gap" is fairly common. I too have it on my '96. The gap is in the outer half of the left side mount (which is between the exhaust pipe and side cover). I tried to tighten it but it would only go so far. It's not a safety issue, we just have to deal with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts