Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay Ya'll

Long time huh?

Have any of yall used these before and if so have you had any probs with them?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have a stainless steel braided throttle cable (can be used as push or pull) and it seems to be very high quality. I do need to get shorter ones since I have flat bars so if you would like it I would be willing to sell you one while motion pro makes the other one for you. it took them a week to build my speedo cable. If you are interested let me know i will also sell you the speedo cable. they do not list a choke cable but if you mail them yours they will copy it for you in steel braid. The nice part about it is that the ss braid is coated so it will not scratch your paint.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thnx for the offer but I just bought a pair of new from motion pro ( should have gone oem) but am having probs from the twist of the grip. They seem to be too long for the bike. Did double check the part # but still feels wrong. I tried to adjust em but still no good.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Where are you adjusting them from? they shoud have atleast two adjustment spots. one being by the twisty and on the carb its self. I can't remember if they have an adjustment mid cable. Their customer service is really good especially since they are an american company, it may have just got by quality control, but i am shure they will make it right.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
adjusts at both ends. sometimes I don't have full twist other times I do.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Did you check inside the housing? they cable may have popped out of the groove on the twist causeing it to bind. BTW you should have 2-3mm freeplay in throttle.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The push cable is binding inside the grip area. I'm gonna take it all apart again and re-do it as if it's the first time. It may work better I hope.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I got the motion pro throttle cables a few years ago and had a problem with them. IIRC, MP lists the push and pull cables as being the same. One of them is actually about an inch shorter. I had MP make the shorter cable for me.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Hmm, I have a set in my tooll box but haven't even took them outta the package since I got 'em.
I'll have to take a look and see if they're both the same size.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I got the motion pro throttle cables a few years ago and had a problem with them. IIRC, MP lists the push and pull cables as being the same. One of them is actually about an inch shorter. I had MP make the shorter cable for me.
is it the push or pull cable shorter i know their fitting is changeable i just want to install it right first

1 - 11 of 11 Posts