Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MO Rider
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who has the highest miles that was put on themselves and how long have you had your bike. Any major issues besides the norm that we all bitch about? How about longest ride, miles, in one trip? I'd like to know how long i can keep mine running, old time wise but still low miles, about 15K. Let's Ride!:rockon:

·
Registered
30 Posts
eberghold,
your 750 was a damn fine piece of machinery "right out of the door". How long it will remain in running condition and how many miles can be gotten out of her will depend mainly on you--- how you ride (it's a cruiser, not a crotch rocket), how well you maintain her (a little TLC goes a long way) and how much pride you place in her.

Before I get too old and decrepit, and barring any catastrophic circumstances or idiotic blunders on my part, I fully expect to get at least three times the mileage out of mine than is showing on the odometer now. With only fifteen thousand miles on your bike, I'd say that you haven't even gotten her fully "broken in" yet!

So, take care of your bike and enjoy the ride.

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
42000 miles in about 3 years. I ride it hard over some very rough roads, can't decide if it's a sportsbike or dual sport. Or both!

Change the oil every 3k, keep the splines lubed, replace the stator whenever it fries and the bike will last you a long time.

Longest day so far 514 miles in 12:30. Was going to do an Iron Butt this summer, but other things came up. Oh well, maybe next year.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
A couple people here have over 100k on their VN750's. These are extremely well built machines so I'm with everyone who says its up to you how long it lasts. If I know this site like I think I do, that'll be pretty much everyone that responds. I look at it the way I look at everything else: you get out of it what you put in...

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
42000 miles in about 3 years. Change the oil every 3k, keep the splines lubed, replace the stator whenever it fries and the bike will last you a long time.
And may I add, get the kick stand up everytime...
My hardest ride was a 3 day 1200+mi ride in E.Tn., E.Ky., W.W.Va., and Va. ...

·
MO Rider
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats awesome! At least going to get another 2 years out of her, then maybe the 900 or the Nomad 1700. Need to take both for a ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts