Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All ,

I installed the great Shindegen MosfetR/R in my 1989 VN750 today and have a charging system which seems to now perform as it should and even better than expected . Everything works except the headlight !! Jack Fleming is very helpful and responsive and is looking into the problem . Just wonder if anybody else had had this result ? Jack seems to need a stator diagram , but I do not have access to that .
Thanks ,
netsinger

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good look'n out Denny. You beat me to it.

Netsimger, how is your new r&r wired?
Hi Kanuck 69 ,

Just now found your question . I purchased the super kit from Jack Fleming at Roadstercycle . Was simple to hook up , but he didn't realize my bike needed the jumper wire . He was delighted to have the information from this site . Denny was surely nice to answer my post so quickly and don't know what some of us would do without this forum .
netsinger

·
Registered
458 Posts
If your just installing the R/R this should not be an issue should it, I guess unless you are taking the stator wires from the bullet connectors and routing them to the R/R.
When I installed mine I was replacing the stator, all I did was attach the new stator wires to the existing harness and used the wires at the R/R Connector for the new R/R and it was not an issue for me.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
If your just installing the R/R this should not be an issue should it, I guess unless you are taking the stator wires from the bullet connectors and routing them to the R/R.
When I installed mine I was replacing the stator, all I did was attach the new stator wires to the existing harness and using the the wires at the R/R Connector for the new R/R and it was not an issue for me.
This is using the existing wire harness vs bypassing original harness, where a jumper wire is to be added.

WilliamTech :smiley_th

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Maybe I read it wrong, was paying attention to football also
If you lived in KY ,football wouldn't be much of a distraction but.......November is coming and we'll see what Calipari can do with this new bunch :smiley_th

1 - 8 of 8 Posts