Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the stator and regulator and have been reading lots of post on the subjects and after reading THTanners post about the different versions of the mosfets I have a line for a FH016aa from an 07 kaw zx6r for a good price. Is there a difference in the wiring for it vs the FH020a ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From the superhawk forum

First pigtail-
-Large black wire with white tracer--Regulator ground
-Large black wire with blue tracer--Regulator power
-Small black wire--no connection, used for Kawi headlight shutoff signal, just cut off, and insulate.

Second pigtail-
-3 Black wires, all same gauge, are used for stator circuit, connect 1 to each of the bike's 3 stator wires

I am going to give this a shot everyone please keep your fingers crossed for me

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
It should be the same as any of the MOSFETs. It has wiring coming directly out of it so it is a true splice and go situation.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looking at the way it wires up
should I connect the small black wire on the first pigtail to the brown wire for the headlight signal?

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
looking at the way it wires up
should I connect the small black wire on the first pigtail to the brown wire for the headlight signal?

Doesn't look right to me. Don't have a diagram handy, but see no reference to a brown wire in your first post. Brown on the stock r/r is a "monitor" (for charge voltage) and not used on a MOSFET setup.

I'm thinking the headlight trigger jumps from one of the yellow stator wires, to maybe... a blue wire? I would have to check mine, but can't at the moment. Best to trace it out on a wiring diagram, follow back from the headlight relay.

The monitor wire won't work for the headlight trigger since it is 12 DC volts, and the stator wires are 30-50 AC volts.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Use the info you posted from the superhawk forum. It's accurate.

First pigtail-
-Large black wire with white tracer--Regulator ground
-Large black wire with blue tracer--Regulator power
-Small black wire--no connection, used for Kawi headlight shutoff signal, just cut off, and insulate.

Second pigtail-
-3 Black wires, all same gauge, are used for stator circuit, connect 1 to each of the bike's 3 stator wires

1 - 6 of 6 Posts