Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching a cruiser following about 3 blocks behind me a couple of days ago. As I slowed down to park, the bike got closer, and it was only when he got about 1/2 a block away, that I noticed his headlight was flashing or modulating.

My understanding is, that the modulated headlight is supposed to draw attention to the bike sooner than an unmodulated one. I saw the bike because I`m interested in them, and tend to notice them more often and sooner than anyone else driving with me.

Why did this bike have to get so close before I noticed the modulation? Is it just a matter of needing to be focused properly? Or perhaps different brands are more noticeable than others.:confused:

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I usually notice them way down the road. I would suspect his light is not adjusted correctly. Sometimes with a smaller light bucket the light hits the modulator and gets pushed forward on the botton. Voice of experience here check you headlights every time ou add something to the bucket.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I had one and seen them on bikes. and you see that thing from forever away. But the idea is more for the retards that should see you in their mirror but don't and change lanes into you. His headlight might have been outta adjustment.

·
Super Moderator
11,990 Posts
Its possible the headlight was not modulated at all, but the bike just had such crappy suspension you noticed the focused light through the lens rocking with the movement of the forks.

I have seen a few bikes around here I thought had modulated lights but it just was the headlight shell shaken up and down....lol

KM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts