Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a pic of wide levers with Bar Endz. Both add comfort to my ride

My cheap trunk made from a softside cooler. You can see the glass pack exhausts in the pic (both will be painted black this winter).

Another pic of the cooler using nylon ties to hold it on. Great for gloves and bungies.

And my 1157 LED bulbs. They look like evil Aliens.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Where did you find the wide levers. I looked for a set thru Kury and they didn't have any for a 750, but they had them for an 800. Didn't work though because of the front brake res.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I picked them up at jcwhitney.com

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
I'd like to know more about your glass packs. Who makes them and what size did you use? And how loud??? Pics after your done painting them?

I am thinking about a 2 into 1 with a Cherry Bomb glass pack but not sure how long of one to get.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only source I found for small tube glass packs was jcwhitney.com These are the ALUMINIZED, HIGH-PERFORMANCE GLASS-PACKED MUFFLERS 18" long version - but you can order them in different lengths (longer if you need too). I have a drilled out goat with the packs attached to them and it's not loud at all. I get a nice rumble out of them.

I too would like a 2 into 1 built with a glass pack - it would be louder - but our VN's sound great - much like a Harley XR750. A stainless muffler would look good as well as resonate more than a glass pack.

If you go to jcwhitney, check out the high performance turbo muffler
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ItemBrowse/c-10101/s-10101/p-100000175009/mediaCode-ZX/appId-100000175009/Pr-p_CATENTRY_ID:100000175009

I need to have some mount brackets welded on before I paint, then I'l post some pics.

Keep the cutting torch hot and the grinder going.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll post a pic of my GL500 with large Igloo cooler saddle bags @ $14.95 each and they are great!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Lookin good!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Love the "evil eyes" look - got to think about doin' that to mine now.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Dirtrack650, I have one very simuliar but turned the long way and strapped on the seat behind me for water etc. and man what a good back rest, and easy to remove for 2up...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts