Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone mixed these two models of tire? (Metzeler 888 and 880) I attempted to order a new front and rear Metzeler 880 from ronayers dot com, but they told me the front 880 is discontinued, but the rear tire is not yet made in an 888. This of course assumes stock tire size. I'm now also considering going to the upsize tire, but I'm still curious about mixing the 880 and 888.

On another note, has anyone tried white walls on these bikes? My 94 is the teal blue, and I think some white walls might really make it shine....

·
Registered
17 Posts
On my Suzuki Bandit 1200S I won't mix tires because the bike is considerably higher performance oriented than a cruiser. However on a cruiser mixing tires is not likely to ever be an issue (especially if they are similarly designed tires from the same manufacturer).

I still don't mix them on my fiancee's Vulcan 750, but it's purely for aesthetic reasons as my OCD won't stand for one tire being different than the other with regards to tread, type, make, etc...

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Wolffie is running whitewalls, Check out his pictures for ideas.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I don't see running them that way as a problem. since their from the same manufacturer, they should be similar enough to not cause any issue.

Actually, that exactly what I have on my 750 right now. However, I haven't got to ride on them yet as I'm still finishing up my engine rebuild.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts