Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, when i ride into the wind (and sometimes not) my bike will "miss" sometimes. not all the time, just sometimes. if i roll on the throttle, it works its way out of it... for a bit. it comes when it wants to and goes away when it wants. just can't make sense of it. any ideas?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Check to see where the vacuum pipe is that runs under the tank from the carb, it runs forward and should go in to the right ear if you are still stock, if the wind catches this pipe then it cause a vacuum in the carb and makes it run poorly,so if it is not in the right ear push it back in but cut the pipe to a angle to stop it bottoming out and blocking up in the ear

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Check to see where the vacuum pipe is that runs under the tank from the carb, it runs forward and should go in to the right ear if you are still stock, if the wind catches this pipe then it cause a vacuum in the carb and makes it run poorly,so if it is not in the right ear push it back in but cut the pipe to a angle to stop it bottoming out and blocking up in the ear
x2 :smiley_th

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, guess by big question is: what is the "ear" you speak of?

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
The right airbox

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i had both the air boxes off a little while ago and there was no hose running to it, so that's probably the problem. something to check out tomorrow i guess. i'll keep you posted

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
If you finD the hose you can zip tie it up under the tank out of the airflow if you want and i put a lawn mower fuel filter in the end of mine to keep it clear from debris,Dirt daubers and the like. All you are looking to do is get it out of the direct airflow and stop the flop.:smiley_th

1 - 9 of 9 Posts