Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone reccomend any mirrors, havn't been able to find any tall or wide enough for me to be able to see over or around my shoulders.

Also looking to replace the levers.

thanks

Bartman

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Not liking the shape or visibility with the stock round mirrors, I walked into a Honda dealer and got some rectangular "Bikemaster" mirrors for about $ 20.
They put them on for me too!

As soon as I rode out, the vision was so much better than stock.

Jon

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
IIRC the vn800 mirrors are a direct replacement. also keep in mind the mirrors are supposed to see your blind spots, and just a lil behind you. you should see less then 25% of the car behind you at a normal following distance, and when your at a light you move a lil so you can see whats behind you better. Well that is atleast what i do..

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I'm kinda fond of these (eBay item number is 200061579682 ). You can buy 'em for $34 or buy from this dealer for $17 - they're exactly the same. I hate to admit it but I've bought these twice now - a little slide in the yard back in the summer put the bike down on the right side, and I messed up the right mirror. But I like'd 'em so much I bought the same ones again. They look cool, and the width is really nice for getting coverage behind ya.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Bartman,

go to this link on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawasaki-Vulcan-750-800-1500-1600-BIG-CHROME-MIRRORS-0y_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35580QQihZ016QQitemZ260067961758QQrdZ1

these mirrors are great for watching your back 180. my shoulders never are in the way
I have these on my bike also, the mirror housing is plastic but the stem and connector are metal and the chrome finish is pretty good. They usually have plenty on e-bay so don't do the buy it now price and save a couple bucks.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
If you can find a set of mirrors off a older Mean Streak they are bigger and direct mount to a 750.

·
Avid Rider
279 Posts
I'm kinda fond of these (eBay item number is 200061579682 ). You can buy 'em for $34 or buy from this dealer for $17 - they're exactly the same. I hate to admit it but I've bought these twice now - a little slide in the yard back in the summer put the bike down on the right side, and I messed up the right mirror. But I like'd 'em so much I bought the same ones again. They look cool, and the width is really nice for getting coverage behind ya.
Cindy, if you want to cruise on the grass or dirt, get a dirt bike, they have tires made for that (but sry to hear 'bout the drop).

·
2FAS4U
469 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawasaki-VN750-750-Vulcan-Power-Levers-Adjust-Brake-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34284QQihZ013QQitemZ230059587136QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V
Here's a set of levers. I have the Highway Hawk wide blades on mine. I like the feel of them. A word of caution, as experienced by another member also. The brake lever may depress the master cylinder prematurely. I had to grind a little off of the tip of the lever where it contacts the master cylinder plunger :( I have these mirrors, which are smaller than stock, but I like the looks :)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawasaki-Vulcan-750-800-900-1500-1600-CHROME-MIRRORS-1_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35580QQihZ016QQitemZ260066333427QQrdZ1

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I also have the wide blade levers from Ebay, They are great, verry good feeling.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for your suggestions......found some levers on ebay for 19.95 and havn't made up my mind on mirrors yet.

Merry Christmas everyone

Bart

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I didn't really like the round mirrors myself. I replaced them with a set that I believe were for a Honda Magna (82-86, going by the description). Got 'em from ebay. $32 w/ shipping.

Attachments

·
Avid Rider
279 Posts
He he he...ya know, sometimes ya gotta try something just to find out it won't work. :D
Amen to that, been there, done that :D . Is your bike the teal/black color? It looks just like my '94.:smiley_th

1 - 14 of 14 Posts