Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, a small annoyance has cropped up.

At times (not always), my left mirror will migrate its position in such a way I am looking at the lane directly to my left (no rearward view, it moves to the left).

is there anyway to adjust its tension so it wont move? the right side stays put where ever I put it.

·
Super Moderator
11,943 Posts
I assume you don't mean the post the mirror is on is moving but the "socket" that the mirror swivels on won't stay where you put it.

The only cure I know of other than taking the lens out is to spray the "ball" on the back of the mirror with some clear acrylic enamel.

Push the mirror off to one side a bit, tape off everything but the "ball" part, and put a few coats of clear on it. After it dries it will add thickness to the swivel joint and hopefully fix your problem.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I assume you don't mean the post the mirror is on is moving but the "socket" that the mirror swivels on won't stay where you put it.

The only cure I know of other than taking the lens out is to spray the "ball" on the back of the mirror with some clear acrylic enamel.

Push the mirror off to one side a bit, tape off everything but the "ball" part, and put a few coats of clear on it. After it dries it will add thickness to the swivel joint and hopefully fix your problem.
x2 KM.
After cleaning for good adhesion, Instead, I would (coat) apply clear nail polish.

:smiley_th

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
@ KM: Good one!!! :notworthy

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea its the ball/socket joint thats moving. post is solid.

will try one of them options and see what happens

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
That would work too.... Just wasn't sure how many folks have clear nail polish. ;)

Guess there's a bit more about you we didn't know William.....;)
ty KM..... you made me laugh AGAIN !

:smiley_th

1 - 7 of 7 Posts