Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was finally warm enough to try and JB weld my right mirror back on (about 1 cm of the part the mirror screws into). I didn't like the look of it/trust it so I was wondering: has anyone had success with a bolt on mirror? I am not one for cosmetics; just functionality.

I noticed Emgo makes a $10 one , but I am worried about the clearance between the master cylinder and the handlebar. Not much room there.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/14/138/21639/DPITEM/Cruiser-Motorcycle-Mirrors-Emgo-Stamped-Steel-Clamp-On-Mirror.aspx

Any thoughts? The only other idea I have is to bolt on further down the handlebar (around the crease) and get a longer, flexible/knobby stem to compensate for the weird angle.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
I removed those big lollypops that were there and replaced them with a pair of small rectangular mirrors that I bought I think from Cheap Cycle Parts for about $12 each and they're fine. Look good and work well. They mounted into the same screw holes where the originals screwed on. The only thing you have to be careful of is that the arms are long enough so you can see past your arms. Otherwise you'll only be looking at your body or off to the side.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Since your bracket is broken and you apparently don't want to replace it, it would seem a clamp on or bar-end mirror would be the only other options.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts