Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am interested in buying a tank bag, have looked through posts and see many of you have bags, but not many recent posts. there is not an outlet around here that i know of so my question is ,how big is a mini bag.? of course it will go on the 750, would like it to be able to hold a 35slr camera plus binoculars, minimum. i feel like if it would be able to hold that it would hold more, i do not want an excessively large one. thank you. ride safe.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Here is a Mini bag, holds a bottle of water and a cell.

Here is a larger one, I use this one more, Holds alot with a clear top for a map

Ther are inside views to.
Small

Larger one.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks chad. i saw your older posts and knew someone would step up. the term mini is what stumped me, i could never find the dimensions on the sites that sold them. i want something large enough but not overpowering. ride safe

·
Registered
6 Posts
T bags makes some real nice quality bags. You could get a small luggage bag or a tank bag. They are kinda pricey but their site has pretty good pictures

t-bags.com.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
For those handy with working with leather, I had made a "tank bib" for my Vulcan , but had added some large snaps to it's surface.
I then found two diffrent small bags and installed matching snaps on them.

The result was a nice wide tank bib that protected the tank, and I could snap on diffrent bags depending on what I needed.

Unfortunetly the photos of the bags themselves got deleted, but the plans and a photo of the bib are here:
http://tinyurl.com/3xagms

Anyone intrested in doing this project yourself, I still have a template of the bib and can guide you through fabrication.

I used some fairly thick leather and backed it with two layers of black felt. It never moved nor scratched the tank.

Knifemaker

1 - 5 of 5 Posts