Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm somewhat of a newbie. Had my VN750 for about 4 months and driven about 1500 miles in that time. I've ridden a few miles on the reserve before I filled it up. I was curious, if I took it easy, about how many miles should expect to get on the reserve before I started pushing?

·
Geek
872 Posts
Anywhere from 10 to 30. Too many variables to give an exact guess.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
You'll need to figure out your gas mileage, then multiply that number by the size of your reserve tank.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Got 25 once. Was pretty nervous about it. Reserve holds 1/2 gallon. Average mileage is 48 MPG. 26 would be your limit. I was pretty nervous with 25, but made it.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I'm not sure how far I went on reserve, but the furthest I've gone on a tank of gas (including reserve) was about 170 miles.
That was on alot of slow, PA National Forest 'No Winter Maintenance' gravel/dirt roads.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Personally I'd rather not find out!

But at the most I'd say is 25..... and your gas station radar better be on high alert! ;)

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Butterman said:
Got 25 once. Was pretty nervous about it. Reserve holds 1/2 gallon. Average mileage is 48 MPG. 26 would be your limit. I was pretty nervous with 25, but made it.
With an average of 48MPG you mention, that'd make 24 mi as the limit, not 26.
You may have needed to be more nervous than you thought. LOL

It all comes down to your riding style, running condition of the bike, and how lucky you feel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts