Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it looks like it's going to cost at least 1500 to fix the problem with my bike. It seems the tie rod went on the shift mechanism, which will necessitate an engine pull and splitting of the case.

I have put a ton of money into this bike. The engine runs beautifully, just hit 40K miles I just had the forks resealed 2000 miles ago, they are like brand new. Brand new stator with Tuxedo Mod. New battery, saddle bags. New R/R New instrument cluster that looks brand new, and 2 weeks ago I had the entire bike detailed, and it's shining like brand new.

Not sure if there is anyone on here that would be interested in buying it, or I might just part it out. I really don't want to do either, I LOVE my bike, but I'm not spending the entire summer splitting the engine, I'm done.

Anyone, I'm looking into the Vulcan 1500 Meanstreak. There's one by me for sale, mint condition, 2003, with 77000 miles on it, for $5500. Does that bike have a good reputation?

·
2,527 Posts
Too bad you can't do it yourself, you would be looking at less than $300 with the parts and gaskets you'll need to do it. Good luck

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
I'm sure that with all those people near you someone might help fix it for a reasonable offer...

·
Let's Ride!!
606 Posts
If you do part it out, I might be in need of the R/R.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
If you do part it out, I might be in need of the R/R.
It may be a good time to upgrade to a MOSFET. I haven't regretted it. ;)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Anyone, I'm looking into the Vulcan 1500 Meanstreak. There's one by me for sale, mint condition, 2003, with 77000 miles on it, for $5500. Does that bike have a good reputation?
I have an 03 Vulcan 1500 Nomad bagger. They are absolutely stunning bikes. The Meanie won't be as comfortable as the Nomad on the hiway, if you do mostly short hauls the Meanie will be an awesome bike for you. I have a Power Commander and Cobra pipes on mine... sounds like serious business. They actually handle as nimble and light as the VN750, surprise surprise. The seat on my Nomad is lower than the 750, the legroom is doubled, the bottom end torque is tripled, even the mileage is not much worse! You won't regret it. But... I never made the choice... I still have 3 VN750's ;)

Buy the 1500 FI, you won't regret it!! :pepper:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts