Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was doing some research on tires, namely the Metzler ME 880's that many use in this forum. i was alarmed to hear many stories of sidewall failure and cracks sometimes even exploding! has anyone heard this before?

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Personally not familiar with those stories, and my own experience with them on my Nighthawk was problem free. They're highly recommended around here. (and in the Verses)

Seems odd for an "upper end" tire, if they're talking about tires without any prior road damage, but who knows....

·
Registered
802 Posts
Hadn't heard that before. Going to be looking for new tires next spring, so I'll keep that in mind when looking.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was kinda sold on them after reading previous tire posts here. i googled "Metzler ME 880's" looking for prices and it popped up to my suprise.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
There were some of them that did that years ago, most of them where white walls.
I have not heard of any in years doing that.
I have had Metzlers ME880 on my bikes for years and not any problems.

·
fuzz
138 Posts
i was doing some research on tires, namely the Metzler ME 880's that many use in this forum. i was alarmed to hear many stories of sidewall failure and cracks sometimes even exploding! has anyone heard this before?
yes , they suck :beerchug:

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,685 Posts
wow, that's a first! out of almost 5700 members, and 1 says they suck. but you are right, they do suck. they suck the road like a Hoover on steroids!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Yea, I don't know where this came from. They are pretty much top of the line, at least for this bike.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
wow, that's a first! Out of almost 5700 members, and 1 says they suck. But you are right, they do suck. They suck the road like a hoover on steroids!
lmfao!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts