Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like everybody has Metzler 880s--I see that now that I finally get past the electric section and down into the tires. So my post isn't anything new. But I thought I'd just add a little blurb from my experiences.
I bought the bike new with the Bridgestone "rim protectors" on it. I got almost 12,000 miles and was really impressed. Planned to go back to Bridgestone but tried the Meztler 880s instead.
I just now ordered my second set of 880s. I have 33,697.9 miles on my bike now.
I'm no good at math. What is 34,000 minus 12,000?
And I never had these Metzlers slip, not even once!
A lot of Sierra Nevada Mountains mixed with Nevada desert and full-on west coast riding--from Southland to Northwest. Never slipped, one full puncture flat (nail) that let me get home, and 22,000 miles. And that mileage is with a full load. I'm fat (over 200#) and have a full load of tools, water, clothes, oil, extra fuel, etc.--probably another 100#.
Good tires!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks for the info. I will be in the market for some next year and plan to go with the Metzlers. Not sure if I want to go a size up or not on either the front and or back.

·
Registered
707 Posts
awesome man im at just about 6.5k.... and i need a new set... the front is almost bald... not sure what happened but im kinda pissed that after 2 seasons with less than 4k put on them they need to be replaced.... i guess ill look into the metzlers also.... i wonder if they come with a white wall?? guess time for some investigating

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Yes you can get Metzlers with White Wall's

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought my 750 (2000) in october of 07 and now have put over 6,000 miles on the bike with just regular maintenance. Last June I made a 3000+ mike trip from Nevada to Colorado and back and I put the Metzler 880's on and what a great set of tires. Never a slip (road snakes were noticed) or a problem. And once I put them on I could tell the difference in how the bike handled. Good luck and good riding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts