Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure which tires to go with, or best place to purchase online. any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks all and have a safe riding season.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I currently using Dunlop F11 and K627. No problems with these tires. Works real good wet and dry conditions. I plan to join the band wagon on my next set and go with the Metz 880. More expensive but everybody is swearing by these tires!

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
Had good luck with dunlop 404's on a previous bike.

Have had good luck so far with my ME880's on the vulcan. Handle well in rain, etc, and we'll see how they hold up for me.

Both manufacturers make good products, the dunlops are cheaper, the metzlers wear better and perform a bit better - but are more expensive.

The majority will tell ya to go with the metzlers, if ya can't afford em (about $300 mounted), then get dunlops, just keep in mind you'll be replacing em earlier.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I have the Dunlop 491 Elite II's, RWL (Raised White Letter), front & rear.
I haven't really paid attention to how many miles I've put on them, but they've lasted quite well as compared to, I think it was new Bridgestones, that were on when I got it.

I'm happy with them, and will probably get the same tire for this year.
Although Metzlers are available with the RWL's, I personally like the tread pattern on the Dunlops better.

As far as where to get them online, best bet would be to look around. Seems like better tire prices keep bouncing from one place to the next. Just gotta see what's out there.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I have tried them both, actually like Dunlop .Mileage is a not so great on Metzler ,but the price sure is .
Did you get that backwards? Most have said the metz's last much longer and the price is higher... Maybe I'm dislexic!

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
Did you get that backwards? Most have said the metz's last much longer and the price is higher... Maybe I'm dislexic!

I kinda cocked my head at that one too...

He got it backwards.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have tried them both, actually like Dunlop .Mileage is a not so great on Metzler ,but the price sure is .
Ha Ha, it does look backwords. It means Metzler is not a wonder tire mileage wise, but you sure have to pay for them. sorry guys half the time I don't even check to see what I posted LOL. Rob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts