Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Metric Custom Creations Dashes For Sale

9K views 53 replies 9 participants last post by  OleDirtyDoc 
#1 · (Edited)
I am offering a copy of the my original dash for sale.
Seen here:

Differences are ----
1. It will be made from 1/8" aircraft aluminum plate instead of stainless steel, so it will be easier to drill/cut when adding accessories.

2. It will not have the rubber edging on it, (which I put there because the metal was thin)

3. And, of course...it will not come with the accessories shown in the photo (switch, voltmeter, and clock) Or be painted.

Price is $48.00 and this includes shipping to all states in the mainland.

To order, send me a PM with your name and shipping address, and I'll send you information on where to send payment. I only accept checks or money orders. I do not do PayPal.

I need at least six orders to go ahead with this, right now I only have two. Please respond quickly, this likely will be the only time I'll be doing this.

Thanks!

Knifemaker

See less See more
#3 ·
Excellent!! I've been waiting for this!

#4 ·
Ok, I've sent you another PM to verify. Just let me know when to send the check.

#8 ·
"To order, send me a PM with your name and shipping address, and I'll send you information on where to send payment. I only accept checks or money orders. I do not do PayPal."

Your order will not be added unless:
You PM me your name and shipping address.

Payment must be recieved before your order is considered valid. Meaning at the time I have them produce the dashes, I will only be ordering the amount I have received payments on.

So please don't procrastinate.... ;)

#9 ·
Hey KM, I found the original install instructions that came with that. I'm guessing you have that saved somewhere?

#13 ·
Mine is going out in the mail in about 5 minutes.

#15 ·
Get any more orders??

#17 ·
I respectfully disagree. A little known fact amongst non-military people is that the Department of Defense routinely send classified materials through the mail. They've done it for many, many years. They do it because its safe. The mail is still a common way for people to send payment for monthly bills. Not everybody pays electronically. I've never had an issue paying bills like this. But I can watch the news on TV and see store after store after store get its computer system hacked and thousands of customers' credit card and debit card information now in the hands of who knows who. I saw where Arby's is the latest casualty of hackers. Target and Home Depot also got popped. There is no perfect way to exchange funds short of putting it into the other person's hands yourself. But the odds of your check being intercepted by some evil-doing bozo other than the individual or business that you want the $$ to go to is very, very low. Just wrap the check in a blank sheet of paper so nothing can show through the envelope and it is good to go.

#18 ·
I have 4 orders as of today. Sadly if I had 12 orders the units would be 10 bucks less, but looks like I'll only be ordering 6 and covering the other two with my own funds...in hope on a later day somewhere will buy one.

And yeah, I had my PayPal account hacked, so sorry IVluffin, not going to happen. I've sold HUNDREDS of items in the past besides the Dash...floorboards, light bars, rear turn signal brackets, etc... and NEVER had a check get lost in the mail.
I did however have a check bounce....

#19 ·
LOL......... Think about how life would be sooooooooo different if there weren't any thieves. KM: Got any of those light bars left?

#21 ·
KM: Got any of those light bars left?
Actually I do. But right now I kinda of planning on using it on my project bike. It's a much fancier one than the ones I originally sold. Ask me again this summer as I might change my mind....

#20 ·
mine is going out in the mail shortly, got called out of town for the last week.

#22 ·
OK. No rush. I hadn't thought about it too much until you mentioned it. I've got another project in mind after I get your dash here and I'm through with playing with it. We'll see later on about the light bar.

Reactions: CKGonzo
#25 · (Edited)
So I dug through the garage to pull out my instrument cluster....so I can check the fit before I mail the dashes out:

Pretty isn't it? ;)

Anyway....

Looks like the dashes will be ready this Friday. I'm still waiting on one payment to get here, if it does by Friday, I'll pick them up and start shipping them out this weekend.

#26 ·
Ok, picked up the dashes and brackets today. Photo here is new aluminum one on the top, original stainless steel on the bottom:

Slight issue. You'll notice the center mounting hole on the top one is a bit smaller. Not sure why, should be 5/16" but for some reason they made them 1/4"....and a real tight 1/4" too.
The bolts I bought are 5/16". Not a big problem, I'll just have to return the ones I bought and get 1/4" bolts instead. And l need to chase the holes with a 1/4" drill bit because they are so tight pushing a standard 1/4 threaded bolt is difficult.
And guess what size drill bit is missing in my shop? Yep, the 1/4 inch....so I'll have to pick one up too.

So.... I should be able to solve these little dilemmas and start shipping them out on Monday.

#27 ·
Or you can just ship mine as-is. I have a drill press that can take care of the hole. I'll leave it up to you to do whatever is easier for you.

#30 ·
I would imagine he may be out of town. During the time between when I purchased my engine guard and luggage rack from him and when he actually sent them, he was called out of town for whatever work he does. He was out of touch during those periods. I'd guess this could possibly be another out-of-town work mission. Just guessing, of course.

#31 ·
yes he can be hard to find.he didn't answer my e-mail this morning. he might even be chained up in his 24 yr. old girlfriends basement again.took him a while to get out last time.lol

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

#32 ·
We should be so lucky! What a fate!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.