Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike got backed into the other day while parked, the person left their number and I didn't see any damage so just let it be, but today I noticed something and I'm not sure if I should be worried or not.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

What is this tube? And is this kind of damage worth fixing?

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Coolant tube, is it pinched completely shut? And it looks like the bottom is unseated a little bit. The coolant system is under pressure so the debt could impede the flow and if the tube is deformed you could leak coolant.

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Time to get in touch with the driver.

Have to pull the side case to remove/replace the tube. Need another tube, orings, and side case gasket.

Everything mmart said, it's restricting coolant flow and almost popped out of the hole with the o-ring showing.

Might look it over good too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, was away form my computer and bike for the weekend, but it looks like its not completely pinched. I'm working with the driver and she'll probably just cut me a check for parts and labor as its likely less than her deductible.

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
what should I be expecting to see when I pull that side case?
Shouldn't be any surprises, you'll want to drain the coolant, but if you leave it on the side stand you shouldn't lose any oil.

Coat the new orings with antifreeze before seating the new tube.

Have to make sure the gasket is perfect around the water pump, with a light coat of some good sealer.

Good time to change the clutch if you think it needs it, but if it works, run it.

Might also need a new crush gasket for the exhaust pipe at the head, and the seal at the goat belly to exhaust if it's damaged by removing the pipe. Pretty sure I had to remove the pipe to get the side case off, but check into that, it might only be the heat shield sticking up in way of pulling the case.

There's a manual to download in my signature if you need one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shouldn't be any surprises, you'll want to drain the coolant, but if you leave it on the side stand you shouldn't lose any oil.

Coat the new orings with antifreeze before seating the new tube.

Have to make sure the gasket is perfect around the water pump, with a light coat of some good sealer.

Good time to change the clutch if you think it needs it, but if it works, run it.

Might also need a new crush gasket for the exhaust pipe at the head, and the seal at the goat belly to exhaust if it's damaged by removing the pipe. Pretty sure I had to remove the pipe to get the side case off, but check into that, it might only be the heat shield sticking up in way of pulling the case.

There's a manual to download in my signature if you need one.
Thanks for the info, I think the exhaust is in the way, I've got a manual downloaded, but I'll take a look at yours too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts