Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The thread on oil pans while on the road brought up the point that if you break down somewhere after all the local bike shops are closed brought this to mind:

My FJR group has a "member assistance list" which other members can download or print out and take with them if they are planning a multi state ride.

Basicly members volunteer to help anyone out if needed and put their general location and contact phone numbers on a list for travelers to take with them. Sometime ago I had an FJR owner stop by my house to change his oil while in route home to the northeast after picking up his new bike in the south. (see you don't need to carry an oil pan... lol)

I think it be nice if we could start such a list here. Perhaps someone with PC skills can figure a good way to do it?

I think some groups even have the list as a downloadable POI file for GPS units.

Anyway, you don't have to list you exact address, just a name and contact number.

So if one gets a flat near Little Rock, you might have someone that can help......

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Good idea.

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
Im in

·
Registered
273 Posts
Let's do this!!!!!

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Why doesn't someone just start collecting names, locations, and contact numbers a d type them up in a txt file and we can figure out where to put them. I'm assuming we can make it into a sticky if that helps.

If no one else wants to i will collect contacts and type them up in an organized list.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,724 Posts
I've seen this on the VROC forum. It's a really good idea. me thinks. lol

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
/\ Yep KM, that could be very handy, I'll go for it...:beerchug:...:smiley_th...
BTW-Saw in another post that it's your birthday...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KM................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS-Is it the double nickel...???
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Sounds like a great idea. I'm in.
Bronson

·
Super Moderator
11,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
/\ Yep KM, that could be very handy, I'll go for it...:beerchug:...:smiley_th...
BTW-Saw in another post that it's your birthday...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KM................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS-Is it the double nickel...???

I'm 57 as of 9:00 this morning. I have a bike I love, a car I love, a woman that I love, we are building are dream house on a lake with a huge deck, a hot tub and I got a bottle or my favorite single malt scotch and a nice 10 dollar cigar........ Life is Good.

The one , the only , Knifemaker....

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I`ve seen this on several forums.
One group had you specify what you are able and willing to do.

Something like:
Have garage work space and tools and am an experienced wrench.
Have truck and trailer and am willing to pick up you and your bike within 100 miles of St. Louis MO.
Have spare room for two.
Have room to camp in back yard for two tents.

You usually have to signup as a volunteer offering your services, however large or small they maybe, in order to access the list and avail your self of other member`s services.

I don`t expect to see many of you north of the 49th, but I`m in when you decide how you are going to organize this. :smiley_th

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
I'm 57 as of 9:00 this morning. I have a bike I love, a car I love, a woman that I love, we are building are dream house on a lake with a huge deck, a hot tub and I got a bottle or my favorite single malt scotch and a nice 10 dollar cigar........ Life is Good.

The one , the only , Knifemaker....
Awwwwwww, you're a couple older than I thought, time does fly... Enjoy...:beerchug:...
Can't believe I'm 39 goin on 40...lol...

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Awwwwwww, you're a couple older than I thought, time does fly... Enjoy...:beerchug:...
Can't believe I'm 39 goin on 40...lol...
Your not old, Old Dog. On your last B-day you just celebrated the 34th anniversary of your 39th B-day. :doh::pepper: ( I think I got that right. :))

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
Age is just a number, You're only as old as you feel......

Count me in on the assist list.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts