Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Mountain Man
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone wanna try and hook up and ride in to Strange Days together? I'll be leaving Knoxville around 5:00 am, taking 40 East to I-81N and Ill run it most of the way north, then hook into the I-78. If anyone wants to hook up I'll be more than happy to. Ill be stopping every 100-120 miles for fuel and a smoke, with plans on being at Strange Days early Friday evening 6-700 pm.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
what time do you think you will hit exit 72 of 81 north in Pa?

·
Mountain Man
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what time do you think you will hit exit 72 of 81 north in Pa?
Thats the Paxtonia, PA exit right? I'm gonna shoot for 9.5-10 hours which will mean between 230 and 300 pm. If thats not gonna work, I can leave earlier or later to hit it when your avaliable. Ive honestly thought about leaving at 330 or 400 am instead of 500 am which would move my timeline an hour or 1.5 hours.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
yep thats the exit. theres places for fuel and eats. time works for me and only leave earlier if you feel you need to.
717 728 6097 is my cell. ill send it in a pm with my addy as well. im about a mile from 81 and you can come here or ill meet you at exit 72

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Great communication here ! :smiley_th :smiley_th

·
Mountain Man
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great communication here ! :smiley_th :smiley_th
Yeah, I'm trying to get these conversations running now, not scrambling to figure out routes and stops Thursday night before I leave.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I maybe interested in that.. but I'm 2.5 hours south of you.. I get about 140 miles to a take before I switch to reserve... but if I have my new tank done by then I'm estimating about 225 to a tank. I would probably come up Thursday. Is there anyplace to pop a tent over night? I'll try to confirm by the end of the week.

·
Mountain Man
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I maybe interested in that.. but I'm 2.5 hours south of you.. I get about 140 miles to a take before I switch to reserve... but if I have my new tank done by then I'm estimating about 225 to a tank. I would probably come up Thursday. Is there anyplace to pop a tent over night? I'll try to confirm by the end of the week.
Yeah theres plenty of places to camp nearby my place is you wanna go that route. Let me talk to tbe wife, but I can probably find you a room for the night.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looks like you have a riding partner. Cant get a straight answer out of the other guy on when the hunt is..so screw it. I would rather ride anyways. Let me know what the wife says about a room for the night.. If I was to buy the pizza for dinner that night how many would we need to order for so I know how much extra cash I need to bring. hopefully I will have all my little project done on the bike.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
...geez, looks like we might get 15+ plus this year.... AWESOME !!!!....I suggest hookin up with 287 in Jersey and goin north that way...low traffic and a straighter route....take that to Rt23 in Jersey, then west to 94....another 10 mins yer there......I'll get a few big tarps too....we can rig stuff up....Kenny is bringin his trailer with a BBQ, cooler, lawn chairs, etc, lol....

Or take Rt 511 from Pompton up to me.....15 mins from my house....

In case ya aint been there yet....the website has been updated.....

http://strangedaysevent.blogspot.com/

....warning, NSFW, lol.....pic on there of me with a fishtail chrome pecker, lol....

I am SO diggin this, since it may be my last hurrah....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Spots.. how about a meet up prior to strange days and go for a ride.. maybe compare notes on the bikes

·
Mountain Man
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Spots.. how about a meet up prior to strange days and go for a ride.. maybe compare notes on the bikes
Sounds good to me dude. Let me know a time and a place and we will hook up for ride. I need to do the mcct conversion this weekend, and my carbs need synced so badly its not even funny

·
Mountain Man
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anybody else wanna meet up? I always enjoy riding in a pack more when traveling long distances.

Fixinit I sent you a pm

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Just so you long haul guys know....the Pack up here is providin food an beer....and were workin on gettin a party tent (i wanted to rent a bouncy house)....so, all ya all will need is the $20 entry fer 3 days.....and gas to get here.....

Guys....this is like incredible that yer doin all this.....if you guys actually make it...its gonna be awesome.....I got a qt can of FFG powder too Im makin into lil packages to toss into the fire pit....

I will love you guys forever if ya make it......picture a buncha us, under a party tent....meat on the grille....cold PBRs in the cooler....lawn chairs....and Hank Jr and DAC on the box.......cant get much better.....

If I die right after this....I can truly say that Ive lived.....luv ya all....

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
What would be really cool, if some of the other Appalachian boys could come....brother Denny....brother Dawg....et al....and even some of the Buckeyes, since they bailed on us fer that meetup....it aint that far boys.....ya leave fri mornin, and yer here......its all over by 10am Sun....or earlier if ya want.....everyone just wakes up, goes home on Sunday....fer some, takes longer than fer others.....I was even thinkin a group breakfast at the Glenwood Gen Store.....Polack sausage, pancakes....whatever else....all from their own farm.....

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
I was looking for a crew to ride up with but I think my plans changed. I'm 99% on making it now but I'll be coming up early to house sit.

Would be cool to ride up with a pack if that changes back though. I'll be coming either through St. Louis or up from TN depending on how I run my other road trip.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Goofin and Spots are meetin up near Harrisburg PA....mebbe ya can hook up with Spots on his way thru the gap......
You two can meet up in Knoxville or in Lexington...Im guessin Spots is gonna take I-81 for awhile....up to you guys... I got a party to plan, lol....

If yer takin the southern route, ya wanna hook up with 287 north in Jersey, to 23 to 94 north (or take the scenic route by me and go the skyline drive exit off 287)...comin more from the west...hook to I-84 Scranton, PA, to NY Orange county Rt 1 to 94 south (turns into Jersey 515/94)....

Just search "Rickey Farm, Vernon, NJ"....its on 94 just 5 mins south of the NY border....

·
Mountain Man
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was looking for a crew to ride up with but I think my plans changed. I'm 99% on making it now but I'll be coming up early to house sit.

Would be cool to ride up with a pack if that changes back though. I'll be coming either through St. Louis or up from TN depending on how I run my other road trip.
If you can get to Tenn by Thursday evening July 10th, I can give you a good meal and a couch to crash on, then we can pull out Friday around 5:00 am. My wife would be a lot happier if I rode up with somebody else rather than pulling the trip solo. Especially if fixinit is in also, which I think he is. That would be 3 of us leaving here, plus we would hook up with goofin in route. Maybe we can get a few more and show up with a pack that's 8 or 10 strong.

·
Mountain Man
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Double tap

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Thatd be too frickin cool !!!!....if we run outta beer, might need to take up a collection later on Sat though....the free PBR usually runs out around 2pm....this week Im gonna work on settin up a big party tent brother Jack has...I gotta patch a few poles and then pressure wash the thing but is close to 20x 30 or around there....its pretty damn big....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts