Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on shorter bars (again) and a new seat on my Vulcan. I grabbed the seat from a Meanstreak 1500 (same as the 1600), and with some minor modding, she fits like a champ!

I did do some fiddling to get the tabs where I wanted (instead of having to drill into the tube-frame), but I could not be more pleased. Much cleaner, if you ask me.

Before

After

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Very nice, looks good

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Nice look.

Time to sell the Mustang? (hint hint)

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice look.

Time to sell the Mustang? (hint hint)
I have two VNs, so the second gets the Mustang, but I do have a Saddleman in good shape that I may be parting with shortly. Similar shape, but it's studded.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
What a great job. I'm jealous as hell. The bike looks clean. I love the lines on her now that you changed the contour of the seat.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
I agree, very clean and good looking bike. the different seat really changes the character of the bike. I put a 900 seat on mine, and I love the look (very similar to your seat, but mounts slightly differently)

I have thought about getting some LED's that fit into the ends of the frame rails and connecting them to the turn signal circuits.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have thought about getting some LED's that fit into the ends of the frame rails and connecting them to the turn signal circuits.
That is really a keen idea, actually. My plan is just some black plastic end caps, for now. I may re-evaluate that in the future to include LEDs!

I always hated the passenger seat on the VN, so this is like a dream come true. It's a really comfortable seat, too. Not like my Mustang w/ Spensor's LD mod, but still comfortable. It's pretty darn sporty feeling when I want to lean out over the bike during turns (I ride sport bikes mostly so it's habit, reduces the angle the bike needs to lean).

I actually have a spare 900 seat I did not use that I'll put up for super cheap for a member to take advantage of here shortly, too.

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
I have two VNs, so the second gets the Mustang,
I thought that might be the answer.

...but I do have a Saddleman in good shape that I may be parting with shortly. Similar shape, but it's studded.
Cool, studs match my bags. Think the Saddleman would help with the stock seat problems?

I may go the same route you guys have, could even go with a solo seat. The stock seat is murder for me. really just need a bigger bike, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Would those jazzy bar ends fit in the frame tubes?

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool, studs match my bags. Think the Saddleman would help with the stock seat problems?
It's shaped very similarly to the mustang, and I find it much more comfortable over stock. Studs just didn't match either bike really, so I'd rather part with it than horde it for 10 years. Here is a pic of someone else's, they have the tassels attached, which are removable via velcro. Expect to see the seat in the for sale section later today.

Would those jazzy bar ends fit in the frame tubes?
The chrome ones on my bars? They're just plastic pieces on the "ProGrip" grips. I think the ID of the tube is 1", so can probably do lots of stuff with it.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You'd probably have to get some HD oriented ones for 1" ID handlebars - which i am sure exist. Most metric cruisers are 7/8".

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
I've found most, it seems, have 1" bars, and 1" stuff is much easier to find. Really have to dig to find 7/8" parts.

I'll have to hold off on the seat for now, but I won't rule it out just yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HELP PLEASE

Im currently restoring a 94 vulcan 750 and the way you have the seat set upp is exactly how ive been trying to get it to look and itd be a really great help if you could give me like instructions, im not very experienced with this stuff but im trying to learn any help would be appericiated my biggest issue is tring to figure out how to remove the backrest frame.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm about to put the same seat on my 04. What do you think about grinding a bit of plastic off near the front tab to give it a tighter fit on the tank?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts