Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my tool box is a piece of rubber with D rings attached to both ends. I was browsing E-Bay and saw one advertised. It is called a spark plug cover band. What is it used for?
Thanks, Jim

·
Banned
431 Posts
Maybe it is called that because it's intended use was to hold extra plugs off the base of the toolbox to prevent damaging the plugs

·
Registered
738 Posts
In my tool box is a piece of rubber with D rings attached to both ends. I was browsing E-Bay and saw one advertised. It is called a spark plug cover band. What is it used for?
Thanks, Jim
The piece of rubber with D-rings on both ends is used to hold the tool kit in place. Located on the back of the bike's trunk are two notched plastic posts. The tool kit sits between the posts and the D-rings hook onto the posts, thereby pinning the tool kit to the back of the trunk.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply. I should have said I found the strap in the bottom of the TRUNK. I see the plastic posts you described. I attached the strap to them. NOW, if I had a TOOL KIT I would see how this all works. I just bought the bike and I guess I need to make up another tool kit. I usually keep my tools in my saddlebag. Now I can keep my junk in the trunk. Thanks again guys for all the info.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Tighten the bolt holding the lock in place every once in a while and put a piece of duct tape over the hinge or you just might discover the truck door is gone someday.

The strap keeps the tool kit from falling out when the door falls off! That's Kaw engineering.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I read about that on the forum and have duct tape on the hinge, and I put silicone adhesive under the holding nut and then got it on real tight. I'm hoping not to lose the door.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I got a tool kit from one of the local Chinese Scooter dealers. Works perfect! Also, I've got 2 black tie-wraps now acting as hinges in the trunk door. Works pretty good too!:smiley_th

·
Banned
431 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Thanks, Jim
dont feel bad.. I didnt know what the hell it was either.. I tossed it when I found it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts