Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was taking a relatively low-speed bend earlier today - the type of bend where I could have easily out rode my vision, so I was utilizing a little bit of counterweight to see as far as possible around the turn. End result: The bottom nub under my left peg actually scraped the road. Both the bike and myself survived the encounter, but just a warning to the VN community: It IS possible to lean too hard on these bikes, despite the enormously popular opinion that it's difficult to do so.

·
Banned
431 Posts
I'm pretty sure a lot of members have scraped pegs, but kudos for sharing.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
I'm pretty sure a lot of members have scraped pegs, but kudos for sharing.
I'm on my third set, thought I was gonna have to get a different bike cause I keep grinding them off!!!

just kidding, I'm not that crazy!

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I had a site saved once, that was a source for titatium bolts that would throw LOTS of white sparks at night. Pricey but another way to keep cages back at night......maybe.

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
I had a site saved once, that was a source for titatium bolts that would throw LOTS of white sparks at night. Pricey but another way to keep cages back at night......maybe.
I find a few golfballs in the pocket works almost as good, don't always need to toss them either.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I have scraped the pegs before on the 750 both sides, the boards on my Nomad like to find the ground alot.
I have worn the nub down on them.
It is not hard to hit them but it does take a good lean.
Somebody measured it once and if I am not mistaken it is 52deg lean, have to trust your tires there.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, since I changed to the 880's a few months back I've had a lot more confidence on the road. I still imagine my brakes locking up once in awhile when doing high speeds but overall I trust the bike a lot more.

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
The VN750 is a sportsbike, not a cruiser. So lean it!

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Ok, not the Vulcan, but my bike, Sportster Custom which is not too low to begin with, I was scrapin the Rubber covered pegs with 1" longer RK air shocks and Progressive fork springs... There is a Sportster "Low" which I don't know anything about, but my Custom is not supposed to be low, but I was messin up my pegs anyway, then they came out with a model called the 48, they had screw in wear pegs on the bottom of the foot pegs... I got a set and now wear on the wear pegs instead of the foot pegs... They are about 1-1/2" long I guess, might be something like OHC was talkin about except in mild steel...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Here`s the link to Gadget`s Fixit pages where I read about the titanium bolts and making sparks: :wow:
http://www.gadgetjq.com/sparks.htm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts