Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone KNOW or have MEASURED the master cylinder diameter? I see that the OEM P/N fits over 100 Kaw bikes and ATV's, but after searching the 'net for over a week I cannot find the actual dimension from the suppliers. I NEED to know because I like the pre-1991 style body/handles but it will be used on a non-VN750 and I need to calculate the master cylinder to caliper piston ratio to make certain it is a viable option. Yes, I could rip down my bike's cylinder, but then I'd have to spend extra $$'s on the rebuild kit and I'm too frikkin cheap to spend the extra $$'s. Thanks!

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Does anyone KNOW or have MEASURED the master cylinder diameter? I see that the OEM P/N fits over 100 Kaw bikes and ATV's, but after searching the 'net for over a week I cannot find the actual dimension from the suppliers. I NEED to know because I like the pre-1991 style body/handles but it will be used on a non-VN750 and I need to calculate the master cylinder to caliper piston ratio to make certain it is a viable option. Yes, I could rip down my bike's cylinder, but then I'd have to spend extra $$'s on the rebuild kit and I'm too frikkin cheap to spend the extra $$'s. Thanks!
After re-reading this I understand that you need to know the diameter of the master brake cylinder`s actuating piston, not the master cylinder itself.

Sorry I can`t help you with that measurement, but perhaps this will make your request clearer to someone who can.:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Gordon

You are correct, I am looking for the diameter of the piston, from the rebuild kit Kawasaki P/N 43020-1054 .

Thanks for taking the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts