Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to make sure no damage would occur to my new bike by placing marbles in the reed valve hose. Has anyone done this for awhile with no adverse effects??

·
Registered
115 Posts
youn2433 said:
I just wanted to make sure no damage would occur to my new bike by placing marbles in the reed valve hose. Has anyone done this for awhile with no adverse effects??
Nothing has happened to mine and nothing will happen to yours. You'll have to adjust the air/fuel mixture screws after marbling.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK thanks..what can you tell me about that. I heard there is a cap over it which has to be drilled out?

·
Registered
115 Posts
youn2433 said:
OK thanks..what can you tell me about that. I heard there is a cap over it which has to be drilled out?
You need to remove the plug that covers the Air/Fuel mixture screws. Carefully drill (1/8" drill bit will do fine) the center of the plug, be careful not to damage the screws, insert a small screw in the plug and with pliers work out the plug. Then carefully screw in the A/F screw until it gently bottoms (easy does it, you don't want to damage the seat), then back out the screws 2 1/4 turns, if it still has popping on decell/coasting back out the screws in 1/8 turn increments until popping is eliminated. (DONT GO BEYOND 3 TURNS, SCREW MAY FALL OUT).
HOPE THAT HELPS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts