Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
i marbled my 04 yesterday after de goating it and it seems the popping has gotton worse any ideas.
Did you adjust your mixture richer? May need to go to 2 1/2 or so turns out on both carbs. Can you tell which side is popping? Rear carb may need to be slightly richer than the front carb.

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
Was it popping before de-goating?

What about de-goating, before marbling (it should have popped a little bit more- but not a bunch).

If all this started right after de-goating, I'd hazard a guess that something in the exhaust system isn't tight. Fresh air rushing into the exhaust will cause some pretty major popping.

I'd check the tightness of the bolts at the head (you did use a new gasket right? - and you know that there's a harley gasket that'll work?). Don't overtighten, the caps are pretty easy to strip. Also check if the connections at either end of where the goatsbelly used to be are tight (you do have gaskets/heat tape at both ends right?)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes to all, and looking into it futher last night i do believe i have a leak in the exhaust some where thanks for the info it really helps alot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts