Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys can anyone help i have a gush of oil, not a small leak coming from the front of the engine where the 1/2" breather tube connects to the engine lots of oil comes out when i run the engine Help what is causing this? please help what do i have to do to fix?

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Is the oil actually coming from the breather tube? There is a small weep hole not far below it that is linked to the deep set spark plugs. Then the o-rings go bad on them oil will leak out of that hole right below the breather tube.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Bookmarked just because this is good information to have around.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i just checked the bike the weep hole seems to be plugged up it is not open no oil comes out there and the oil is coming out of breather tube outlet

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that might be in question because i have a small leak in the carbs if i do not shut off fuel valve it will loeak slowly into engine probably having excess in the crank case i just went to pepboys to drain oil and change with new oil and correct level do not know if that will take care of it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it is a 2005 model the petcock does not leak it is just the floats i just forgot to shut off and yes the oil that spilled on the floor smells very strong in gasoline

·
2FAS4U
469 Posts
Our sons project bike started leaking a lot after simply tightening the spark plug tubes?
I replaced the o-rings on them and it stopped.
They must have been dried out. It was hard to tell at first where it was coming from.

·
Registered
619 Posts
it is a 2005 model the petcock does not leak it is just the floats i just forgot to shut off and yes the oil that spilled on the floor smells very strong in gasoline
It sounds like the petcock does leak it is on a vacuum and no fuel should pass without the engine running, you may have 2 faults leaking petcock and leaking float needle valves :smiley_th

1 - 11 of 11 Posts