Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
No, but it looks like a darn good'rn... Almost looks like it might work on a bike with a backrest like the vn750...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
Yeah it looks like the 1st edition vn luggage rack. But will it fit with a standard backrest? What I mean is, it looks like if you were to put it on mine then reattach my backrest,the back rest would then sit too high above where the seat ends. Hope I'm making sense. Long day need nap

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like the early rack they made for the 750. It fits in between the backrest and lower rail. They made 2 different racks for those that did not know...
KM,
Assuming you and Dave are right, I did not realize two different racks were made. Any idea what year they changed??

What I mean is, it looks like if you were to put it on mine then reattach my backrest,the back rest would then sit too high above where the seat ends. Hope I'm making sense. Long day need nap
Dave,
What you're saying makes perfect sense...it's what I discovered.
Bottom line...looks like it doesn't fit my '06. I tried it with and w/o the extended backrest.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Yeah it looks like the 1st edition vn luggage rack. But will it fit with a standard backrest? What I mean is, it looks like if you were to put it on mine then reattach my backrest,the back rest would then sit too high above where the seat ends. Hope I'm making sense. Long day need nap
You are exactly right Dave. I have a picture, somewhere, of my uncle with one of these racks mounted on his `85 vn750.
The aluminum backrest frame sits above the seatback, exactly the thickness of the rack.

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
You are exactly right Dave. I have a picture, somewhere, of my uncle with one of these racks mounted on his `85 vn750.
The aluminum backrest frame sits above the seatback, exactly the thickness of the rack.
So it would look like a little grab handle on the seat tail, the backrest I mean? It's a nice looking rack. Looks maybe a little sturdier than the one I have that has the hidden mounts, although that one seems pretty solid.

I wonder too, did they change the newer back rest (trim? brace? Support? lol) because mine has that one bolt hole tang that holds the tool compartment from falling off when you pop the seat. That would be exposed if I tried mounting that rack. I like it tho. I'd just grind off the tang :wow:

Hmm......... but then you'd have seat bolt holes that no longer line up... ugh, I need a drink.:drool:
b r a i n w o r m.... This is why I don't sleep a night :doh:

·
Banned
448 Posts
It mounts through the holes for the sissybar. There is a plate that goes with it that raises the holes for remounting the seat.
I have an exact rack and relocating bracket that was on my 85 700.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Saaweeet !

I wish I had one myself for my '85.....soon as I saw the mounts, knew what it was. I have an extended sissy which I hate, thinking of even cutting it. But stock sissy with that rack would be awesome for me...if you ever wanna get rid of it, lemme know, ok ?

·
Banned
448 Posts
PM sent Wolfie.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts