Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,685 Posts
If the bolts loosen up, put some red Loctite on them. Seems to be some vibes back there, licence plates have been known to crack and the tiedowns on my saddlebags will jingle jangle if they're not kept tight. The tiedowns and turn signals are on the license plate frame.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The screws, the bars I stuck in the inside, and the steel on the outside are all JB welded into place now. Letting it set up overnight. I figured there should be no reason to ever remove any of them again. If it breaks again, I’ll make a new one before attempting another repair. I have locktite on my license plate screws now as it has rattled off a couple already. I’m sure the bike get some vibrations that cause issues, but my money is on it being the horrible road surfaces throughout the greater Philadelphia area.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
@mmart

OEM rack on ebay
( I am not the seller)

·
Registered
7,685 Posts
Not a bad price even without the extras. I didn't check for rust.

·
Registered
7,685 Posts
Yep, that's why I would put my max bid on it right now to lock it in.

These typically go $100-125+shipping.

·
Registered
7,685 Posts
There's actually a few listed. Some are the square tube design, not seen too often. May be some shops closing or just clearing the shelves.

Maybe I should get back to checking my search every day.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks for the heads up, I have to say that the repair I made seems to be holding up. I rode about 125 miles yesterday.
I also saw the square one on eBay. I thought it was a mistake. I didn’t realize there were different options.

·
Registered
7,685 Posts
Double check the square tube one, could be one of the larger Vulcans, but I think there are some for the 750 also.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Just a follow up, the repair is holding up well. Considering that the streets in this area probably won’t ever really improve I decided I really don’t need the hard case every time I ride but still need a small place to stash things I got this. Not bad for $20. I just didn’t see the point in stressing the rack if I don’t need to.
And yes I know it’s a fork bag....;)

Attachments

21 - 31 of 31 Posts